Convenience: How bunched up are your stores where you live?

Guest ladakn99

I'm 35 minutes from the nearest cluster of major stores, but every year after Thanksgiving they reposition all the parking lot driving lanes and it is a total disaster. Once I park my car, it pretty much has to stay there and I trudge back and forth between car and stores. Yep, ya gotta love the rural life!

I live in Jacksonville, and the stores are grouped within a couple of miles, but not "good" trafficwise. However, we always do Thanksgiving in Orlando and while the menfolk go to the car show in Daytona, we are shopping in Waterford Lakes area of Orlando and the stores there are clumped very nicely.

Downtown Apple Valley is the best - only 1.5 miles from home. It would be walking distance if I could carry all my purchases. Starting at the far side of downtown we have Home Depot. Across the street is Menards connected to Sam's Club. Next block is Kohl's/Bed Bath & Beyond/Michaels. Next block is Target/Best Buy/Office Max/Walgreens. Across the street is Radio Shack and Burlington Coat took over the old KMart. Next block down is Walmart.

3 miles down the road in Burnsville is the Mall with Sears/Macy's/Old Navy/JC Pennys. Across the street one direction is KMart and across the street the other direction is Target/Linens N Things/Kohl's/Michaels/Toys R Us/Circuit City.