What if it is a Wal-mart trick....

deelite

What if Walmart intentionally did not put a laptop in the "leaked" BF paper, so that people who have bought one from them already won't know until it is too late to take them back!! Some people might look at the one from BB and say well it is not that big of difference so I'll keep mine. While in the mean time Wal-mart is waiting for the 15 day return period to run out before they put out the entire ad. IT IS A CONSPIRACY I TELLS YA!!!! :insane:

Just playin'.......or am I.....;)

well ya know... I hope you are right.. cause the only reason I was going to go to Walmart first this year.. was for a laptop.

Under the store specific forum, one lady claims her sil said that Wal-mart actually did leak the ad so that everyone would get off of their backs. She also claims that a couple of days before BF, Wal-mart is going to drop a REALLY big bomb against the competition!

I asked the store manager here about the 15 day return, he said all I have to do is bring the receipt back before 30 days and get it PM'd.

I would think it would be a corporate policy, but it appears each store is different.

But in either case it has to be the EXACT same laptop, which it will not be.

I asked the store manager here about the 15 day return, he said all I have to do is bring the receipt back before 30 days and get it PM'd.

I would think it would be a corporate policy, but it appears each store is different.

But in either case it has to be the EXACT same laptop, which it will not be.

Correct. Last weekend's Laptop is history! If they do another laptop deal it will be a different model. Even if it is the same, they'll change the model # by one digit, or it will be the same price, so there's no price adjustment to do.

Under the store specific forum, one lady claims her sil said that Wal-mart actually did leak the ad so that everyone would get off of their backs. She also claims that a couple of days before BF, Wal-mart is going to drop a REALLY big bomb against the competition!

Well, it certainly matches up with what the chick on CNN money said...."We're not done yet."

Mine is in layaway until December 8th, so I get so see all of the goodies and then make mt decision. I know for sure I am not going through what all CC wants you to go through to get a $99 laptop (I hate a lot of rebates!). We'll have to see want everyone has to offer before making a final choice.

The only thing that may back you up was the phrase" We aren't done yet". Of course it could mean anything, but this year was awful for me being able to find anything I wanted to buy. I do think they will pull a rabbit out of thier hat, and I cannot wait to see the week long ad that is mention on the bottem on the bf ad.

Last year they did have a copied piece of paper in all the stores with some special "last minute" deals, but I don't think they'd put out a fake ad. That takes too much time.

Trust me when your as big and powerful as Walmart that would not be to hard to do.

The only thing that may back you up was the phrase" We aren't done yet". Of course it could mean anything, but this year was awful for me being able to find anything I wanted to buy. I do think they will pull a rabbit out of thier hat, and I cannot wait to see the week long ad that is mention on the bottem on the bf ad.

Me too and I am hoping that they have some of the last minute ads at the door like they did last year :) Either way I will be price matching everything else :) I live in the middle of nowhere and I dont wanna drive 50 miles to another store BUT my local walmart price matches stores all the way to little rock and to dallas as well :)

Well, I hope it's not a total fake there are a few things at prices I really want. That being said there was no "WOW" factor to the ad. I was really suprised, so I wouldn't be suprised if they came out w/ something more in the end.

I don't think it is a TOTAL fake, I just believe that they left some stuff out on purpose and that the prices may not be completely right. I think they might actually add some more items (including a cheaper laptop) and drop some of the prices like they did last year.

Yes it has to be a pre-release ad. I am 99.9% sure that the laptop that they should have will be a unique UPC # on BF. You won't be able to pricematch with the BF price even if they are identical specs unless you find a stupid manager or something.

Yea, the only toy that I'm interested in is the $20 hummer. If I hadn't already bought my 6 yr old neice's gifts, there may be a few other things.

Someone got my son the hummer last year, and the truck the year before. They were pieces of junk. Really cheap plastic, and they just fell apart. Many places run sales on the better ones so they are about the same price. Circuitcity.com has a really nice truck on there now for 19.99.. free shipping over $24.00