Vonage $200 instant rebate discussion (merged)

stationchief

Yup, according to an ad scan coming from a different site (sorry GottaDeal, but apparantly they beat'cha to it) if 'ya sign up for 12 months of Vonage 'ya get $200 instantly off laptops and desktops. :eek: Do the math, and that makes the $299 laptop go down to $99 after the $100 mail-in rebate, or with the desktop 'ya get your money back. The page with the details is cut off a bit so I couldn't see the exact details, like if this is a gift card or if it's just for the purchase of a computer, but it does say with 12-month subscription to the Vonage phone service. Hopefully very soon GottaDeal will get a decent ad scan.

Discussion time. Has anyone else seen this or heard any rumors regarding the specific details? :confused:

I already have Vonage. Does anyone know if it has to be a NEW subscription, or can I renew what I have for 1 year. A $99 laptop would be sweet.

Think it says with new subscription only. Current Vonage users can sign up for another account with a different credit card than one 'ya may have signed up for Vonage with before. Even so, a laptop for $399.99 out the door with a $100 rebate later ain't too bad. It looks almost exact to WM's pre-blitz Compaq laptop they had for $398. Maybe even the very same model. :shock:

I can't bring myself to do it when there are 2 other great services that are absolutely free. They require everyone to buy the $30-$60 phone but everyone I want to call, I either buy them the phone or they get it.

what do i do to sign up? I was just telling a friend i was going to switch my phone service to vontage

You get in that insanely long line well before 5am and sign up on the day of BF. Well, I'm sure you can sign-up pretty much all day long, but there'd be not much left to spend with your $200 after the big rush. :tongue1:

what do i do to sign up? I was just telling a friend i was going to switch my phone service to vontage

If it works like last year's AOHell signup, you first waited in line for a ticket for the doorbuster item you wanted, if that's where you were going to spend your $200, then upon entering the store, you had to go to customer service FIRST and sign up for the account. After signing up, then you went to where they had whatever you were after, such as the Toshiba laptop last year. They'd only let you buy one if you had a ticket and a receipt for signing up with AOL. I'd guess the Vonage signup will work the same.

For those thinking about doing this, I have Vonage, and I love it. Works great for me, but I know several others who have some technical problems such as poor voice quality. For me, it's perfect and the price is right!

Nice to hear, but what makes you think we're interested in the quality of Vonage's service? :lolrun:

Really just kiddin', but seriously there's not many folks here who got an AOL account last BF that actually used AOL to get on the net. :D

If it works like last year's AOHell signup, you first waited in line for a ticket for the doorbuster item you wanted, if that's where you were going to spend your $200, then upon entering the store, you had to go to customer service FIRST and sign up for the account. After signing up, then you went to where they had whatever you were after, such as the Toshiba laptop last year. They'd only let you buy one if you had a ticket and a receipt for signing up with AOL. I'd guess the Vonage signup will work the same.

Yeah I went thru that nightmare last year!!! Don't do this! They had 1, yes 1, computer set up to register people for AOL last year and because every other CC in the country was using the same network to register people it kept locking up and crashing. I entered CC at 5am and didn't walk out the front door until almost 11am!!!!!! Believe me it's not worth it :(

how much is it to cancel your vonage subscription if you sign up, then cancel right after you leave? is there less than a $200 cancelation fee, because if it is only like $50, you could still save $150.

Has anyone ever done the rebate, then just cancel the service early?

how much is it to cancel your vonage subscription if you sign up, then cancel right after you leave? is there less than a $200 cancelation fee, because if it is only like $50, you could still save $150.

Has anyone ever done the rebate, then just cancel the service early?

That reminds me of one of the best kept secrets of BF 2005. AOL was offering a $250 intant discount if you sign up for 1 year.

If you cancel early the penalty was $180, so you get a $70 discount for signing up and cancelling.

Best of all it, this discount method worked on the Apple iPod :eyepoppin

That reminds me of one of the best kept secrets of BF 2005. AOL was offering a $250 intant discount if you sign up for 1 year.

If you cancel early the penalty was $180, so you get a $70 discount for signing up and cancelling.

Best of all it, this discount method worked on the Apple iPod :eyepoppin

Wasn't worth it at my CC!! Thankfully I didn't get one of those laptops. One of the girls I was with got the eMachine (which you had to do the AOL thing with). The computers that they were typing the info into started messing up and she was there for 5 hours!! Ruined the rest of her BF!! Needless to say we left her behind. :runaway:

I have Vonage and for the most part like it but I am going to get a local only landline, if my internet is down I lose my phone. You can set it up to ring to another line if it is down and have it set to cellphone but w/ a teenage daughter on the family plan I am a minute watcher..lol...but the Vonage is well worth the money. I pay just a little over 35/month.