Macy's - employee discount day is ???

kselzer

Does anybody know when Macy's will be having their employee discount day? Or about when they will start passing out the passes?

Last year I made out because the passes are good on Coach purses (I allow myself one a year:) ) and then I got the thanks for sharing rebate after Christmas.

Last year I got one from an employee passing them out when I checked out. I read all the fine print and it didn't exclude the purses, so I tried it and the lady checking out my purse said that is the only coupon that is ever good on the Coach purses. So I gotta make sure I get another coupon this year! :)

I still haven't heard when employee day is...but I did receive a postcard in the mail that seems like just as good of a deal for buying a coach purse for myself. The postcard says "Get Ready Sale" November 16-20, Spend $50 get $10 in Macy's Money, Spend $100 get $20, and Spend $150 get $40. It then says "the choice is yours spend your Macy's money right away, or spend it any other day through Sunday, November 26 at Macy's when you use your Macy's credit card. It has some fine print....have to use your Macy's credit card, you can combine receipts, has a few limitations on what items Macy's Money can be earned and spent on, and no change will be given.

So I'm looking at buying a Coach purse for around $150, I'll get $40 Macy's Money, and I'll get the 10% back on the Star Rewards program via a gift card in early 2007. So approximately $55 off/back from buying the purse :D