Playstation 3 question

DragonSlayer1500

Has anyone called around your local stores to find out how many Playstation 3's they're getting? I've tried numerous stores here in Kokomo, Indiana and everyone is saying they don't know but are expecting around 3. :eek: If anyone's got any more information from your local stores, care to fill us in and let us know what city you're from to maybe give us some population comparisons to see where we stand?

You may want to hold off on the PS3 right now. Early reports have them overheating. This is a serious issue, unlike the XBOX issue from last year, which had to deal with those units that were kept in pooly ventilated places. Reps from EB games are anticipating quite a few returns, and will be directing customers to deal with Sony directly on this one.:mad:

On a brighter note, the WII console looks to be a real winner:yup:

Has anyone called around your local stores to find out how many Playstation 3's they're getting? I've tried numerous stores here in Kokomo, Indiana and everyone is saying they don't know but are expecting around 3. :eek: If anyone's got any more information from your local stores, care to fill us in and let us know what city you're from to maybe give us some population comparisons to see where we stand?

I think you'd have an easier time getting Santa to land right on your front lawn Xmas morning with a PS3 then being able to find them at any stores. I've been calling around the Detroit area and most stores aren't getting them, and the few that are probably won't have too many to go around. If a store is suppose to get 10, how many of them do you think are truly going to hit the shelves if the employees can get them and re-sell on ebay.............:(

I think you'd have an easier time getting Santa to land right on your front lawn Xmas morning with a PS3 then being able to find them at any stores. I've been calling around the Detroit area and most stores aren't getting them, and the few that are probably won't have too many to go around. If a store is suppose to get 10, how many of them do you think are truly going to hit the shelves if the employees can get them and re-sell on ebay.............:(

My BB said last year they did a lottery where an employee can buy one BUT with the ps3 they have to camp out just like us. (and empolyees can not resale it *like how are they going to find out)

O.K. this is the info i got at my BB today 24 units and that BB has gotten 25% of the 400,000 so BB's will get 100,000. Now in my book i don't think they will have 24 but more like 12 . IMO

Well at midnight last night it appears that Best Buy sold 10,000 units and they were gone within a few hours. I couldn't believe it, but that sounds like what happened according to this thread. http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=29399&goto=newpost

:no:

who ever said that the ps3 is over heating has not done the homework, first all the gaming magazines that have these ps3 for review have not reported any overheating. in fact they state how amazing cool the systems stays. and if you want to read some reviews you can go onto www.ign.com to read reviews of the PS3.