how early will you be going for ps3 at best buy?

tommygirl

there are 18 stores that will be having a 1200am ps3 launch

We have master threads for all of the game systems (and Elmo) so please keep all discussion in them:

Wii

PS3

Elmo

However, before going to any of these, please note the following:

We are having nothing but problems with discussions of reselling, eBay, and the like.

We're too busy trying to post the ads and the deals for you guys to have to continue to deal with the drama from all of this.

As such no discussion of reselling, eBay, etc, of this or any other item ANYWHERE ON THE SITE will be permitted on the board. All such posts and threads will be deleted, and from here on out violators are subject to being banned.

We have already had to ban some people who did not heed this warning after being directly warned. We do not have time to continue warning people individually, so any future instances of discussing reselling/etc, whether by you or others, will almost assuredly result in a ban.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

If you have any questions or concerns about this, PM me directly. Do NOT post on the site complaining about this, or you will be banned.

-USC Becca

Friday the 17th

12am openings

# Park Lane, TX

# West LA, CA

# Chesterfield, MO

# El Cajon

# Superstition Springs, AZ

# Chapel Hill, OH

# Richfield, MN

# Galleria, TX

# Butterfield RD, IL

# Wester Hollywood, CA

# Ann Arbor, MI

# Gwinnet, GA

# Hialeah, FL

# South Tampa, FL

# Mt Laurel, NJ

# Manhattan NoHo, NY

# Landmark, MA

# Manhattan Midtown, NY

I've heard from BB employees that they expect 20-50 per store at launch depending on the size, but in no way is that a confirmed number.

Park Lane, TX

West LA, CA

Chesterfield, MO

El Cajon

Superstition Springs, AZ

Chapel Hill, OH

Richfield, MN

Galleria, TX

Butterfield RD, IL

Wester Hollywood, CA

Ann Arbor, MI

Gwinnet, GA

Hialeah, FL

South Tampa, FL

Mt Laurel, NJ

Manhattan NoHo, NY

Landmark, MA

Manhattan Midtown, NY

these are the stores i cant put the website because it wont let me but it is at KOTAKU (fill in the www and the .com

is there anyone who was at the xbox 360 launch if so how early did they go to wait in line, and how early do they plan on going for the ps3 launch?

I waited for 360. I did it at a Super Walmart though. I arrived at 11:00am the day before, so I waited for 13 hours. I was 10/14. I got a Core, they had 4 premiums & 10 Cores. The first person at my location arrived at 6:00am, so they waited 18 hours. All 4 premiums were taken by 6:30am. We have horrible November weather: cold & lots of wind. I expect that people will wait more than 24 hours for a PS3. We'll see. I'm buying a Wii!

I will be camping out at least 2 days before the launch. I'm not sure if i should go to BB or Walmart. I have never camped out before so any advice would be appreciated! For those of you who went to walmart, how did you camp out if it was 24hours? Did you wait inside or outside?? where did you wait?

I was one of the first lucky people to get my hands on an XBOX 360 last year. I found an inventory sheet of how many systems each Best Buy was getting online and decided to go to the store that would be getting the most. I got to the store around 1 PM in the afternoon and there was already 30 plus people in line. I later found out the first guy in line slept on the sidewalk! The weather was terrible, it was cold (low 30s) and rainy! They handed out tickets to us, if you wanted a core system, you got the core ticket and if you wanted a premium system, you got the premium ticket. Once they ran out of tickets, the line shortened up A LOT! We waited in line up until they opened the doors at 12:01 AM. They only allowed 3-4 people in at a time so there was no rush. There were local news stations out there along with radio stations. It was honestly one of the best experiences I've ever had. For those camping out for the PS3's - I suggest you dress warm and comfortable, brings chairs, food/snacks, and something to entertain yourself with! I hope that helps!