Toys for Charity

My boyfriend is participating in a Toys for Tots Motorcycle Run this weekend. What would be some "cool, hip" toys to get for kids that they would really like? There's no age range, but I would think that older kids would be best, since they get left out sometimes. Oh, and I wouldn't want it to be too expensive (< $50), or require a bunch of extras (like games or attachments). Thanks!

Lego sets (~$20-$30), the Spy stuff from Target seems to be popular, teddy bears, sports equipment... You can bet that pretty much anything you get will appeal to someone.

I was told by my area toys for tots that stuffed animals the loose ones, not talking about the ones in boxes ( elmo and the such ) they can not give out, do to allergies, For older kids, Board games, CD players, boom boxes, things like that, for younger ones there are so many things you can get

I would imagine that sporting goods (footballs, basketballs, kickballs) would be good. Wal-Mart has bikes for $25 and Razor "S" Steel kick scooters for $16.88 in the new ad. All in all I am sure that anything that you could get would be greatly appreciated...:holiday02

my son is 12 and he asked for wrestling figures, cube world ($30 very good), star wars light sabors, the transformers are good, along with super hero's action figure. for girls i would say also the cube world or you can give make up, barbie,or bratzs dolls ( my 13 yr old niece loves these dolls). you can go into toys r us and put in the age your looking for and they give a long list of toys to choose from. you might get some ideas for there and the prices too.

I worked at TFT for several years...you are totally correct that the older kids get left out. You can find CD players for around $10 and those are REALLY enjoyed. Those personal, hand-held games that are a single game...not gameboys, etc but like Solitaire, Black Jack, etc are also good gifts and don't cost too much. Those are items if you are looking to buy more than one gift, if you are looking to buy one nice gift, I'd go with a 'boom box'; portable stereo.