Christmas Lighting

Guest bluesrule9

Guest bluesrule9

Ok, who goes all Grizwold on Christmas lights.

Personally, I have a fair amount of lighting and I'm not so big on the inflatables etc.

....but secretly, I wish I had the time and money to really go crazy....

I'm all for lights lights and more lights, our court at Christmas time looks like the Vegas strip, but I hate inflatables cause two years ago we had one of the globes, a neighborhood kid decided it would be funny to slash all the snow globes on the block. our street was covered in white balls of styrofoam. we were finding it in lawns and gardens for months after.

~*~Jess~*~

I'm the "Clark Griswald" of our family. I am not complaining I wear that title with honor!LOL I use a few hundred lights on the house and in the yard, I have three large inflatables, 48 large candy canes, 25 small candy canes, three lighted candy canes that go on the side of the house, two wreaths for the doors, a wreath in each of the 8 windows in the front of the house, 6 small lighted trees along the driveway, two small trees lit and decorated on either side of the "Merry Christmas" sign, and I am desperately seeking one of the older Santa and reindeer sets with all of the reindeer to go on the roof. I think that's everything but I haven't taken inventory since last Christmas and I may have gotten a couple of things after Christmas and forgotten about them!LOL I also use two large trees in the living room and small ones throughout the house. I am looking for a tree to go beside the fireplace in the bedroom but haven't found the right one yet!

I'm the "Clark Griswald" of our family. I am not complaining I wear that title with honor!LOL I use a few hundred lights on the house and in the yard, I have three large inflatables, 48 large candy canes, 25 small candy canes, three lighted candy canes that go on the side of the house, two wreaths for the doors, a wreath in each of the 8 windows in the front of the house, 6 small lighted trees along the driveway, two small trees lit and decorated on either side of the "Merry Christmas" sign, and I am desperately seeking one of the older Santa and reindeer sets with all of the reindeer to go on the roof. I think that's everything but I haven't taken inventory since last Christmas and I may have gotten a couple of things after Christmas and forgotten about them!LOL I also use two large trees in the living room and small ones throughout the house. I am looking for a tree to go beside the fireplace in the bedroom but haven't found the right one yet!

I had to finally get rid of that set, last year, it was so weathered, I found it at Lowes I think, Maybe menards you need to look at those type of places, Since they went to the animated ones those are hard to find.

If I waited for my husbands permission to buy Christmas things I would still be waitng LOLOLOL, He swears that they multiply in the attic every year because he has more and more to put out. LOLOLOL,

On the flip side he now askes me whats new out there I want to get for the outside, We take turns with new new stuff, one year its the out side the next it's the inside

If I waited for my husbands permission to buy Christmas things I would still be waitng LOLOLOL, He swears that they multiply in the attic every year because he has more and more to put out. LOLOLOL,

On the flip side he now askes me whats new out there I want to get for the outside, We take turns with new new stuff, one year its the out side the next it's the inside

lmao.. you know to look out when he seperates the candy canes from the wreaths when he puts them away

I have lights everywhere..on the house, in the house, in the bathroom, kids rooms, and in the basement. Outside I have animated reindeer and trees along the walkway..I want a inflatable but huddy won't allow it:argue_mad

X-Mas lights in the bathroom??? LMAO I thought I was bad with lights.

I love lights too but I try not to go overboard. I love the colored ones. Gotta have the colored ones. I cannot stand those tacky white lights. They are just too bland for me. LOL I also love the motion lights. I think those are so cool.

With regards to inflatables......I am hooked on them. Been collecting since they started and I own hundreds of them. Each Christmas for the last three years I loan inflatables to all the neighbors on my street (22 houses) and by the time they add lights and other decorations.......it is bigtime Christmas round here

bill d

Ok, who goes all Grizwold on Christmas lights.

Personally, I have a fair amount of lighting and I'm not so big on the inflatables etc.

....but secretly, I wish I had the time and money to really go crazy....

LMAO I have never had the courage to do the Grizwold Christmas lights outside, but would LOVE to!!!:holiday10

X-Mas lights in the bathroom??? LMAO I thought I was bad with lights.

I love lights too but I try not to go overboard. I love the colored ones. Gotta have the colored ones. I cannot stand those tacky white lights. They are just too bland for me. LOL I also love the motion lights. I think those are so cool.

I put a small tree with lights in the bathroom, and also little stockings

My husband is retired and has plenty of time to do the outside lights. They are on the house, around the windows and doors, on the hedges, up and down the driveway, in the trees! and then we have 3 spiral trees, Santa ,Mrs. Claus, Snowman, Nativity Scene and wreaths on the doors, Bows on the gate, garland on the railing and the mailbox.

This is our first year in a house so I am excited to decorate for the holidays! I am hoping to put lights on the two pines flanking the front steps and maybe get a reindeer or two for the yard, although we have real deer in yard from time to time too.

My question for all the experienced light people is where do you plug it all in?

I use to do more but we re did our landscaping and now my bushes outside are much smaller so I have to scale back this year. My husband makes me a huge wreath that we also light up (multi colored lights). My girlfriend around the corner is the blow up queen so I skip those. I think she has 4 now for Christmas alone and of course she has a Halloween one right now! My son calls for her husband Clark for Clark Griswold because he is the one on the ladder putting up the lights every year!