Seagate 400GB HD $89.99 shipped, no rebate

schwoozer

Hmmm... Trying to decide if I want to go for two of these, or hope that they have 300/320+ GB on sale on BF.

Decisions, decisions...

EDIT: At $.22/GB, with free shipping, no sales tax, and a 5 year warranty, I pulled the trigger! I bought two to put in RAID 1.

I also bought a Coolmax HD-211U2 2.5'' Silver Aluminum USB Hard Drive Enclosure for $12.00, FREE after rebate.

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/4079702

That enclosure had been FAR for a couple days, but shipping was high. Now that it's finally free, they run out. :(

Oh well.

They had a case FAR yesterday too that I wish I had gotten. Even with $10 shipping, it would have been worth it.

Guess I got in just under the wire.... I got an order confirmation for two of the Seagate drives and one of the 2.5" external cases, all with free ground shipping. :2woot:

Guess I got in just under the wire.... I got an order confirmation for two of the Seagate drives and one of the 2.5" external cases, all with free ground shipping. :2woot:

Fry's cancelled my order for the 2.5" external case, but the Seagate drives should be here today or tomorrow.

Mine should be waiting for me when I get home. Probably sitting outside. In the rain. Because it apparently requires too much effort for the DHL guy to push the little lighted button next to our door and let my wife know it's sitting there.

In any case, I'll install this and my new FAR power supply tonight. 1.4TB, Here I come!:D

1.4TB, Here I come!:D

I could potentially have that much, but when the NAS is fully-configured, I'll have 720GB in RAID 1 using... gulp.... 8 drives.

400 x 2

200 x 2

80 x 2

40 x 2

That will be MORE than enough. But maybe I can pick up a pair of 320GBs on sale on BF for cheap. ;)