8 yr old sports nut!!

jamesy1

My 8 year old is a sports nut! Especially NY Yankees and NY Giants. He has a lot of jerseys & baseball/football cards. He likes anything to do with the Yankees even older things. Any idea about what would be a great unique gift to get him? Thanks!!:fluffy:

What's your budget? I think tickets to a game would be great, but you can't get Yankee's tickets yet.

Something like a portable practice net, reflex ball, or swing trainer would help him to practice his baseball skills. Another idea is a flag football set, so him and his friends can all get together and play with some good equipment. Throw in a nice football and maybe a kicking tee and he's all set.

that is so cool!!! I have never seen that before. Thanks for the info and link. I don't know if my dh will go for it or not but Tiki Barber is his favorite and he is available so we will see!!! Thanks again for all the great ideas!! It will be a great christmas for him!!:cheesy:

Do you have a yankee's minor league team around there? Those games are just as fun as the major league games. We have a AA Cardinals team here.. (also called Cardinals) and we get great seats for $7 a ticket, and it is so much more fan involved.

My 7 year old son's baseball team takes the field every year to play with the real players, the mascot comes to see everyone, the players all stay late to sign autographs, they do contests every inning, and you have a good chance of getting put on the jumbo-tron, AND we caught 3 foul balls in one night.

They also have great giveaways to every fan each night, and a huge fireworks show every friday. On sundays, all kids get to run the bases and get free ice cream.

PLUS, you get to see several players before they make it big, and you get to see a few of the big leaguers come down to recover from illness or injury.

Keep in mind, though, that this is a fairly new team, and has one of the highest attendance records in Minor League Baseball.

Just an idea... my son LOVES it!!!

Do you have a yankee's minor league team around there? Those games are just as fun as the major league games. We have a AA Cardinals team here.. (also called Cardinals) and we get great seats for $7 a ticket, and it is so much more fan involved.

My 7 year old son's baseball team takes the field every year to play with the real players, the mascot comes to see everyone, the players all stay late to sign autographs, they do contests every inning, and you have a good chance of getting put on the jumbo-tron, AND we caught 3 foul balls in one night.

They also have great giveaways to every fan each night, and a huge fireworks show every friday. On sundays, all kids get to run the bases and get free ice cream.

PLUS, you get to see several players before they make it big, and you get to see a few of the big leaguers come down to recover from illness or injury.

Keep in mind, though, that this is a fairly new team, and has one of the highest attendance records in Minor League Baseball.

Just an idea... my son LOVES it!!!

We do have a minor league team here very similar to what you described above, only it is for the Houston Astros not Yankees!!! We go to quite a few games and he does love them!! thanks for the suggestion!!! :cheesy:

• 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to let you know that my baby... (ok, in my dreams) just pitched several winning games in the World Series. I have met Josh Kinney a number of times, we have several autographs, pictures and memories. Within a year, he became a star player in the world series!!!! memories that my son will NEVER forget!