Radio Shack deals--lots of rebates

outnumbered

I just noticed that many of the great deals at Radio Shack are actually mail-in rebates...the store list here just lists the prices after rebate. For example--the $20 DVD player is actually $40 in store, you get a $20 mail-in rebate. The $129.99 portable DVD player is actually $70 more than that when you buy it. Looks like every last item I was remotely interested in is an "after rebate" item...we definitely won't get the portable dvd player and now I don't know if my sister will get an mp3 player from us either. Too bad. I hate the rebate offers...the actual sales (or instant rebates) are so much better.

Well, the toy deals don't...that is what I've concentrated on in previous years. Never had TRU require mailing something in, LOL.

But this year I'm foregoing TRU, and getting gifts for adult family members...Sears will be a big place for me this year. No rebates there, that I've seen. I guess it's the electronics that have a lot of them? This is my first time investigating BF deals on those items.

Well poo. I'll have to see how much shuffling I can do with our budget.