What to get my 80 year old Dad? ($100 limit)

My dad and mom are both very independant and active. They live half the year in northern Arizona mountains and then come down to Phoenix when it gets winter. They have a small 1 BR condo in Phx so not a lot of room for "stuff" besides which Dad buys whatever he wants before anyone can get it for him. My budget is $100.

My dad soon turns 78 and I ran out of time for a birthday present but for Xmas, plan on getting him a case of Jones soda with his pic on them. Think it runs about 40?

I also may get him some of the personalized M&M's but we are torn of what to put on them. Those run about 40 also.

I ran out of time for the birthday party which is this weekend so will do it for xmas.

Since my parents, too, have everything they want, I thought something odd yet fun would fill the bill.

My dad is 83 and very active still. Every year I get him a magazine

subscription to his favorite mags..National Geographic, Readers Digest

and Yankee. He loves to read and gets 3 new "gifts" every month.

This year I am also getting him a Netflix script so he can just watch

soem DVD's w/o having to leave home. Hope this helps. Good Luck

tickets to a nice dinner show for both him and your mom.. or a event.(sport or not)

That is a great idea. There is a dinner theater just around the corner that is very popular with the snowbirds. I think I just might go this route.

My dad is 83 and very active still. Every year I get him a magazine subscription to his favorite mags..National Geographic, Readers Digest and Yankee. He loves to read and gets 3 new "gifts" every month. This year I am also getting him a Netflix script so he can just watch

soem DVD's w/o having to leave home. Hope this helps. Good Luck

Magazines are a good idea too, I am not sure how much interest he would have in the DVD's though.

Thanks everyone for some great suggestions, you've been a BIG help.

You might get him a subscription to his hometown newspaper especially if it is out of state. Also they have digital picture frames that show a ton of pictures on it in a slide show. I don't know the exact name of it but if you have a computer you could scan pix and put them on it and they would not have to use a lot of space for quite a few pictures. Don't know if this helps or not.

This is a great gift for an older person. It is a digital picture frame. You can load up a memory card with all your pics and they will rotate through them so he can have a new picture all the time. I know my mom and grandmother love it! Sorry such a huge link. :rolleyes:

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/ProductsHOM.aspx?DeptID=25439&CatID=41426&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0fa2e86&ProdSeq=1&ProdCount=1&Dep=housewares&RefPage=SearchDepartment&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=digital+picture+frame&S4DeptID=25439&mscssid=6d4bb9f70e0c3400b8f5fcfbca937c95cxMnVNoVza3oxMnVNoVza3W200BA52C9CA397451914FA7663A23D2AA5180628914&CmCatId=SearchResults|SearchDepartment