Purina dog chow 22lbs/WM/$5.00-$2.50 co

Blue Kitty

From another site. :)

Dog Chow 22 lbs is $5.00 and there is a coupon for $2.50 off 20 lbs or larger of Dog Chow or Indoor Complete that expires tomorrow. Not bad.....$2.50 for 22 lbs of dogfood.

I just got back from WalMart and was able to get 110 lbs. of Purina Dog Food for $14.00 (using the $2.50/1 coupons).

:fluffy:

Not sure if this is at every WM.

The 2.50 off coupon is from the Sunday paper. EXPIRATION: 10/10/06 So today is the last day for that coupon. that is if you are lucky enough to have them or know someone that does.

Look at the bag of purina and compare it to the list of bad ingredients on this page.

http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=badingredients

All Purina, whether its pro plan, one, or regular, uses fillers and by-products and is just plain gross.

Puppy & Dog Chow:

Ingredients:

Ground yellow corn, chicken by-product meal, corn gluten meal, brewers rice, soybean meal, beef tallow preserved with mixed-tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), pearled barley, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, animal digest, salt, egg product, potassium chloride, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, zinc proteinate, choline chloride, DL-Methionine, vitamin supplements (E, A, B 12, D 3), manganese proteinate, ferrous sulfate, copper proteinate, added color (Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 2), niacin, brewers dried yeast, calcium pantothenate, garlic oil, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, calcium iodate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite.

What are some of these ingredients?

Corn Gluten Meal - Dried residue from corn after the removal of starch,

germ, and bran. Little, if any, nutritional value.

Brewers Rice - Rice sections that have been discarded from the

manufacturing of beer, which contain pulverized, dried,

spent hops. Little, if any, nutritional value.

Meat By-Products - Poultry feather meal, connective tissues(gristles),

leather meal (yes, like used to make belts or shoes),

fecal waste from poultry, horse/cattle hair, etc.

Animal Digest - A cooked down broth made from unknown animal sources.

Usually taken from 4-D animals, (dead, diseased, disabled).

Corn - filler

Menadione - AKA Vitamin-K Supplement.

A fat soluble, not necessary to dogs, that has been made illegal in human

use because of it leading to death. Unknown to dogs.

Still want to feed that to your dog?

If you want to get good food you will have to pay more, but in return your dog will eat less, will poop less, and will be healthier.

Here is what we feed to our 3 bullmastiffs

http://www.canidae.com/

Available in 5 lb., 20 lb. and 40 lb. bags

All Natural and made the CANIDAE® Way with Superior Quality in Every Bag with No Corn, Wheat, Soy, Grain Fractions, Fillers or by products and Naturally Preserved!

CANIDAE® All Life Stage formula is formulated to meet the AAFCO Dog Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.

Benefits

Four Human Grade Meats – Chicken, Turkey, Lamb and Fish

10 Natural Skin & Coat Conditioners

Balanced Omega 6 & 3 Fatty Acids

Digestive Enzymes, Probiotics and Superior Digestibility

Guaranteed Enzyme Activity

Antioxidant Vitamins & Amino Acid Chelated Minerals

Excellent for Problem Skin & Allergies

Holistic & Herbal Benefits

Formulated for All Life Stages – Puppies, Adults, Seniors & Overweight

Excellent Palatability - Dogs Love CANIDAE®

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein (min.) 24.00%

Crude Fat (min.) 14.50%

Crude Fiber (max.) 4.00%

Moisture (min.) 10.00%

Lenoleic Acid (Omega 6) (min.) 3.70%

Vitamin E (min.) 200.00 IU/kg

Calcium (min.) 1.20%

Phosphorus (min.) .90%

Alpha Linolenic Acid (Omega 3) (min.) .60%

Ascorbic Acid (min.) 50.00 mg/kg

Cellulase (a) (min.) 100 CMCU/kg

Magnesium (min.) 0.14%

pH 6.0

(a) One carboxymethyl cellulose unit (CMCU) is that amount of enzyme which liberates one micromole of reducing sugar (expressed as glucose equivalents) in one minute under the conditions of the assay.

Daily Feeding Guidelines

Dog Weight Puppies Adult Light/Senior

(to 6 mos. old) (with exercise)

2-10 lbs. 1/2-1 1/2 cups 1/2-3/4 cup 1/4-1/2 cup

1-4.5 kg 60-170 grams 50-100 grams 30-50 grams

10-25 lbs. 1 1/2 - 2 cups 3/4-1 cup 1/2-3/4 cup

4.5-11.3 kg 170-225 grams 85-112 grams 60-100 grams

25-50 lbs. 2-4 cups 1-2 cups 1/2-1 cup

11.3-22.5 kg 225-450 grams 112-225 grams 60-112 grams

50-75 lbs. 4-5 cups 2-3 cups 1-1 1/2 cups

22.5-33.8 kg 450-560 grams 225-340 grams 112-170 grams

75-100 5-6 cups 3-4 cups 1 1/2-3 cups

33.8-45kg 450-675 grams 340-450 grams 170-340 grams

Puppies up to 6 months old may be fed 3 to 4 times daily. Puppies six months to a year may be fed twice daily.

Feed Pregnant Dogs up to 50% more during the last 3 weeks of pregnancy. Nursing mothers require twice the amount of food as suggested in the daily guidelines and may be fed 3 to 4 times a day.

The above Daily Feeding Guidelines are a good starting point on the amount of food suggested to be fed on a daily basis. If you feed more than once per day, simply divide the Daily Feeding Guidelines by the amount of times fed per day.

Calculated Caloric Content

ME (kcal/kg) 4125

ME (kcal/g) 4.13

ME (kcal/lb) 1875

ME (kcal/cup) 468

All Natural Ingredients

Chicken Meal, Turkey Meal, Brown Rice, White Rice, Lamb Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Herring Meal, Flax Seed, Sun Cured Alfalfa Meal, Sunflower Oil, Chicken, Lecithin, Monocalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Choline Chloride, Linoleic Acid, Rosemary Extract, Sage Extract, Dried Enterococcus Faecium, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Inulin (from Chicory root), Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Fermentation Solubles, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Mixed Tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Riboflavin (source of B2), Beta Carotene, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid, D-Biotin, Sodium Selenite, Papaya, Vitamin B12 Supplement

If you want to get good food you will have to pay more, but in return your dog will eat less, will poop less, and will be healthier.

Yes. There are plenty of times I can think of when I would or need to feed this to our dogs, one being after Katrina and I had 9 extra dogs here to take care of cause their owners lost their homes and needed a safe place for their babies to stay until they got back on their feet. There are other times too. Not going to have a dog food debate with cha just posted the deal. :yup:

http://www.purinaone.com/products_tool.asp

Look at the bag of purina and compare it to the list of bad ingredients on this page.

http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=badingredients

All Purina, whether its pro plan, one, or regular, uses fillers and by-products and is just plain gross.

Puppy & Dog Chow:

Ingredients:

Ground yellow corn, chicken by-product meal, corn gluten meal, brewers rice, soybean meal, beef tallow preserved with mixed-tocopherols (source of Vitamin E), pearled barley, dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, animal digest, salt, egg product, potassium chloride, L-Lysine monohydrochloride, zinc proteinate, choline chloride, DL-Methionine, vitamin supplements (E, A, B 12, D 3), manganese proteinate, ferrous sulfate, copper proteinate, added color (Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 2), niacin, brewers dried yeast, calcium pantothenate, garlic oil, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, calcium iodate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (source of Vitamin K activity), folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite.

What are some of these ingredients?

Corn Gluten Meal - Dried residue from corn after the removal of starch,

germ, and bran. Little, if any, nutritional value.

Brewers Rice - Rice sections that have been discarded from the

manufacturing of beer, which contain pulverized, dried,

spent hops. Little, if any, nutritional value.

Meat By-Products - Poultry feather meal, connective tissues(gristles),

leather meal (yes, like used to make belts or shoes),

fecal waste from poultry, horse/cattle hair, etc.

Animal Digest - A cooked down broth made from unknown animal sources.

Usually taken from 4-D animals, (dead, diseased, disabled).

Corn - filler

Menadione - AKA Vitamin-K Supplement.

A fat soluble, not necessary to dogs, that has been made illegal in human

use because of it leading to death. Unknown to dogs.

Don't think Purina is the only one

Do you still have them? If you do let me know if you need any help. I will make a few contacts and could get you some help with feeding them.:D

Thanks that is very nice of you. They are all back in their homes except for a little chihuahua she is here with us. The owners asked if we could please give her a home and we did. :)

Thank you for that offer that was very nice of you. :)

Some of us here can't afford anything but Purina or Dollar Store dog food. I've only used Canidae is when I got abunch of free samples from our feed store.

If anyone really is interested, Mother Earth News had an article about 2 months ago on making your own nutritious pet food, both dog and cat recipes. I've used it in a pinch when I've run out. Economical if you grind leftover meat from a meal. Just FYI.