Need help figuring out what to get my 57 year old Mother

I have figured out what I am getting everyone but my Mother. It's really bugging me cuz she isn't HARD to shop for but nothing is coming to mind. She doesn’t need clothes, just took herself on a little shopping spree cuz she lost a bunch of weight. She likes personal things but has a gazillion pictures of us up already, she doesn’t like jewelry but a #1 Grandma necklace went over real well one year as did a foot bath another year. She's a pretty simple gal who just worked real hard to make sure her kids were taken care of. So now that I can I like to give her something she will enjoy. Oh and she is a fan of practical stuff. One year an ex got her a drill set and she went crazy over it lol I would get her a chain saw to go with it but she already has one :yup:

OOh, knee pads! She'd love knee pads, and Gardening stuff cuz she is having a friend help her fix up her yard. Spiffy! Thanks, I could do a themed basket type of thing.

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Please%20TY/N1NoProblem.gif

OOh, knee pads! She'd love knee pads, and Gardening stuff cuz she is having a friend help her fix up her yard. Spiffy! Thanks, I could do a themed basket type of thing.

If you know some plants she wants you could also arrange for her to get them from a local nursery. My MIL also loves fixing up her yard so we have given her many plants.

You could make a donation to her church toward a missions project or whatever the current fundraiser might be. Donating to her favorite charity would be a good idea too.

For anyone struggling with what to get someone, I would consider making a "purchase" in their name from Heifer International. It would be a very meaningful gift not only for the "recipient" here, but also for whoever actually receives it. A little money can go a long way here and keep on giving =)

She's 57. Main interests are Church, Family, Tennis (She has all the gear already) and she's putting herself threw school right now.

She has a gym membership :) Not really into crafts, she only ever does them when I go to visit.

I know the feeling about finding something for a mother. My wife's mother is real hard to get for. One Christmas we got her a bread maker because she was always making rolls and she complained about her hands and arms hurting when she kneeded the dough. Thought it was a stroke of genuis. She gave it back to us saying she just didn't think that she would use it. Then one day she asked for it and has used it ever since. My wife is going to college herself. The one thing that she uses a lot is her laptop and the internet. Don't know if she has one or not. If she has a computer she might like a digital camera. But either way I admire her for going back to school that takes guts. I am so proud of my wife. To be a mother or grandmother and go to college it just is great.

I have figured out what I am getting everyone but my Mother. It's really bugging me cuz she isn't HARD to shop for but nothing is coming to mind. She doesn’t need clothes, just took herself on a little shopping spree cuz she lost a bunch of weight. She likes personal things but has a gazillion pictures of us up already, she doesn’t like jewelry but a #1 Grandma necklace went over real well one year as did a foot bath another year. She's a pretty simple gal who just worked real hard to make sure her kids were taken care of. So now that I can I like to give her something she will enjoy. Oh and she is a fan of practical stuff. One year an ex got her a drill set and she went crazy over it lol I would get her a chain saw to go with it but she already has one :yup:

Just a thought, why not make a calendar of the grandkids for 07. I know you can do this online or at walmart pretty cheap. But its a very personal gift that they can enjoyed all year long. :D

I did it the year before last, and it was a huge hit with everyone.. so i'm doing it again, and making more copies for Aunts and Uncles.

• 2 weeks later...

Cecelliadb,

Your mother sounds an awful lot like my mother! Here's a couple of ideas my mom really liked!

1. We got "Grandma" a photo mug of our girls a year or so back. BIG HIT!

2. Electric toothbrush-never thought she'd care, but when it died, she asked for another! Said it really made a difference!

Also one thought since she lost all that weight. What about those Glamour Shots type of things. She could get pictures to give all her friends and family that she hasn't seen in a while. But even if the Glamour Shots is not her thing just a regular studio to do the photos would be good. If you have enough you could even get her a day at the beauty shop too. Then the pictures make a day of it and have a dinner to. She will feel like a star. As of course she is.