>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

same

I'd have thought they'd bundle a new Mario game...

It would be dumb to think that... why would they practically give away one of their biggest money makers?

The new Mario game won't be ready for release. They bundled the sports games so that they could show off the abilities of Wiimote to the fullest. I can't wait to do bowling with the Wiimote!

I also am going to buy the bass fishing game they're going to have out. That sounds it'll be a blast with the WiiMote.

How does Amazon's pre-orders work? Do you pay in full now or when it's shipped or do you pay some money now and the rest when it is available?

I just paid the full amount on my CC.

Whether or not they charge you now or later I'm not sure about but I think probably now.

Did you notice this on your order? What does this mean? I thought it doesn't come out until Nov 19.

Mine says: September 26, 2006 - October 3, 2006

Lol, they never get their ship dates right for pre-orders... I wouldn't worry about it.

I doubt stock is going to be low, they're shipping 4 million units for launch.

Now, I still have to decide where to pre-order it. If Amazon is free shipping, and no tax(some things from Amazon are taxed for me, we have a customer service/shipping depot an hour north of me), then I probably will just order it there.

I doubt stock is going to be low, they're shipping 4 million units for launch.

That's semi-true.

The number they gave is 4 Million "Worldwide" by the end of the year... So don't go expecting 4 million to be ready on launch day. Those 4 million will be spread out over Nov 19th through Dec 31st "Worldwide" Trust me on this... they will sell out on launch day so you had better get your pre-order in if not done already.

...They also said another 2 million will ship by march

Dang it!! That's what I get for DH having the debit card(mine is coming next week)

Oh well..I'll just hit Gamestop like originally planned then.

I stopped by there yesterday and had a chat with one of their guy's. He said he wasn't supposed to tell me, but he's 99% sure that they are starting in-store pre-orders Monday morning and if you want to get one at launch you should pre-order early because they're not sure how many they're going to get.

How does Amazon's pre-orders work? Do you pay in full now or when it's shipped or do you pay some money now and the rest when it is available?

Usually Amazon won't charge until it ships. They may place a temporary authorization on your card now, but that will expire in a few days.

That's semi-true.

The number they gave is 4 Million "Worldwide" by the end of the year... So don't go expecting 4 million to be ready on launch day. Those 4 million will be spread out over Nov 19th through Dec 31st "Worldwide" Trust me on this... they will sell out on launch day so you had better get your pre-order in if not done already.

...They also said another 2 million will ship by march

FYI, I just went and looked up the numbers. Initially Microsoft had hoped to have 10 million Xbox 360's available in Q4 of last year but ended up only shipping 1.5M worldwide with 900,000 going to the U.S.

Nintendo's numbers seem much more realistic, hoping for 4 million to ship worldwide by year end. Shouldn't be hard to reach that number considering they are already in production and don't have the supply problems that microsoft ran into.

Hopefully, Zelda-Twilight Princess will be out on release day. Not sure about any Mario games though. I want Zelda, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Zelde will be a release day title.....BUT....only for the Wii. The GCN version of the game will ship a week later.

11-19-06 Shopping List

Wii system

3 extra controllers

1 extra nunchuk

Twilight Princess

Does anyone know the price of additional controllers?

I've heard $40 for the controller + $20 for the nunchuck but haven't been able to confirm.

Zelde will be a release day title.....BUT....only for the Wii. The GCN version of the game will ship a week later.

I wonder what the differences will be between the Wii version and the GC version since the Wii will be able to play either since it's backwards compatible.

I wonder what the differences will be between the Wii version and the GC version since the Wii will be able to play either since it's backwards compatible.

I would like to know too. I pre-ordered the Gamecube version last year and I don't know for sure if I can switch the pre-order for the Wii one instead, but it would be nice to know if the Wii one is different and/or better.

OH man - I'm bummed I missed the Amazon preorder - I had errands to run yesterday morning and got home at 1 to see I missed it:( We want this for a family Xmas present:)

I did stop by Gamestop to preorder Zelda for the Wii though - they told me that anyone ordering a Wii game would be the first to be notified when they begin preorders. I'm not too worried since there will be so many released however I would feel better knowing I have one preordered.

Please post if anyone sees anymore preorders :) Thanks