>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

I'm getting sick of these stores holding back and forcing people to stand in the cold (something which I cannot due to hip surgery) - namely out here in Colorado. Getting harder and harder for us disabled folks to try to have the same chance as the next folk.

While I don't particularly like this practice, it makes sense. Alot of stores do not know what is coming on a truck until it is there. They cant say we will have them on XX day.,, because they may not. But if they hold any they get in until a certain day, that allows a few things to happen: 1. they don't have people camping at thier store every night waiting to see if any came in. 2. They can actually advertise that they will have them, instead of a store here has a few, this store has none kind of thing. 3. It draws attention. I can bet that 90% of the people reading this thread knows EXACTLY what time on Wed WM will sell Wii's.

Do I need the classic controller, or if the gamecube controllers work with this system, can i just pick up a couple of them?

Also, what memory card should I be looking for. I read it doesn't have to be Nintendo specific, but now I can't find the information.

Thanks!

ETA: Sorry for the post...I found my answers on page 21 of this thread

I'm getting sick of these stores holding back and forcing people to stand in the cold (something which I cannot due to hip surgery) - namely out here in Colorado. Getting harder and harder for us disabled folks to try to have the same chance as the next folk.

I am also getting sick of bundles so they can get rid of some crappy games at 50 bucks a pop that aren't worth a dime...Although barnes and nobles bundle is pretty decent

JC Penney people...did any of you get a order shipped email or tracking #??? I didn't and it was suppose to be shipped today:( :( I am starting to get worried:confused:

Can't you log into jcpenny with your account to look at your order. I've never ordered from there, but I know you can do that with other sites. Atleast you might be able to see that it's still ordered.

I am also getting sick of bundles so they can get rid of some crappy games at 50 bucks a pop that aren't worth a dime...Although barnes and nobles bundle is pretty decent

The best bundle is from Circuit City! You click on the bundle, and when it's in your cart, you can delete everything but the Wii and the extra remote. I did it and I thought I was a genius, until I went back to the main page and read that CC allows you to delete everything from the bundle except for the forementioned. Lol.:tongue1: So if you can get one there, you can get it cheap.

Hey all. O.K. here's my problem i got the wii and an sd card on bf. But i cann't seam to save any data on it what i'm i doing wrong?

We had this problem. Have you downloaded the update? You can't save to an SD card until you do.

Thought I'd check while up at Walmart this morning. They have only 5 to sell and that at 8 am.

Glad I don't work there because of the number of complaints they'll get from Mom's who no way on earth can be there and get the kids off to school.

Ordered the Wii from Amazon on 12/1. It was scheduled to arrive today but still hasn't shipped. This is the response I received to my email inquiry:

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

We are very sorry for the delay in completing your order. I have

reviewed your account and can see that this experience has been far

less than positive. We strive for convenience and efficiency at

Amazon.com, but in this instance we have fallen short of our goal.

I'm truly sorry that your impression of doing business with

Amazon.com has been so negative.

As a representative of Amazon.com, I want to assure you that we

value our customers' trust above all else--it's the foundation on

which our company was built. Please know that we'll continue working

hard to ensure that you receive accurate service, and to minimize

the chances of anything like this occurring again.

Please allow me to explain that sometimes unexpected fluctuations in

supply can add time to our original availability estimate. We have

learned that " Nintendo Wii " is now back- ordered, and our supplier

has not been able to let us know exactly when they expect to have

more in stock.

The revised Estimated delivery date is February 06, 2006.

They also offered a $5 discount on a future purchase and the possibility of quicker shipping through a different supplier.

KJEGBERT Your email wasn't nasty enough I guess. There are several on the Amazon Wii page discussion board in the same boat and they complained and got a $50 gift card for their trouble.

I complained and got my order cancelled BUT when they goofed up and posted the console only (which is all I wanted anyway) I was able to get it. According to my UPS Tracker it should be here in an hour or so. I'm hoping they stick a surprise in there for my trouble but sure doubt it lol

Good luck!

Believe it or not, my oldest decided he no longer wants the Wii. I was surprised, but greatly relieved since I don't have one. Now he wants a bowling ball and speakers for his computer. MUCH easier on me!!

My oldest stopped wanting it too. He spent some time at a friends house that has one and his friend is back to playing the Xbox 360 the majority of the time.

I am so glad that we didn't stand in line or pay for a bundle!

Of course he still does want the Zelda but getting that for the gamecube shouldn't be an issue.

Is most of the Amazon.com trouble from the Target bundles?

Because, I got the console only on 11/30, and it shipped 12/1. Of course tracking hasn't updated, and it's scheduled for delivery through UPS on the 12th even though I picked 3-5 day shipping. Is this just normal holiday delays or just me?