>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

Guest JeepMom

I live in las vegas and Im try in to get a wii if you have any info plz let me know. TY.:)

Lots of info in this thread, just read!

My son went with his friends early this morning to TRU. All 4 of them got tickets. His best friends mom also went to Target. She got one there and called her son. So my son and his friends went to the back of the line and gave people their tickets. There were 4 happy people.

My son went with his friends early this morning to TRU. All 4 of them got tickets. His best friends mom also went to Target. She got one there and called her son. So my son and his friends went to the back of the line and gave people their tickets. There were 4 happy people.

Wow! That's cool!......the back of the line!

How much is the system alone? 250? I guess it's a tad over pricced then.

Games total 300, remote 40, memory card 60 that's 650, so the year warrenty cost me 45. :(

But I will get the system at least. not so overpriced that i bought it on ebay ;) though! :)

Guest JeepMom

ReallY? I have no idea. :( Can someone answer this?

I think it seems like a crappy bundle as well. They making you buy a protection plan and magazine subscription. They are making people buy add ons they would normaly just pass up.

BTW-Hey, how are ya? Nice to see you over here!

Guest JeepMom

How much is the system alone? 250? I guess it's a tad over pricced then.

Games total 300, remote 40, memory card 60 that's 650, so the year warrenty cost me 45. :(

But I will get the system at least. not so overpriced that i bought it on ebay ;) though! :)

Yea, because you would have paid more for the system and gotten nothing, at least this way you have "something" to show for the added expense.

I got to my Target right at 8:00 this morning. I didn't need the system just the extra controllers. I go to the back and they had all the remote behind the counter and when I explained to them that I only needed the controllers, they told me that the people buying the systems had first chance at them and that I needed to wait in line to see if there were any left. Needless to say there wasn't any left:mad:. I really don't think that was fair. The controllers were separate from the system and I also had a raincheck for them from the launch date and I still wasn't able to get them. I ended up going to Walmart for one and TRU for the other one. I'm glad I got what I needed, but I'm PO with the way Target handled things this morning.

Well that is odd cause I was at Walmart yesterday asking about the classic controller and they said all their Wii stuff is in the back for the 6th and I said I didn't want the Wii, I have one, I just want a controller and they said they still had to save it for the 6th. This whole saving Wii's and controllers for a certain date is BS. Needless to say I will not be Christmas shopping at Walmart now.

Well that is odd cause I was at Walmart yesterday asking about the classic controller and they said all their Wii stuff is in the back for the 6th and I said I didn't want the Wii, I have one, I just want a controller and they said they still had to save it for the 6th. This whole saving Wii's and controllers for a certain date is BS. Needless to say I will not be Christmas shopping at Walmart now.

My Walmart had a sign on the video game case reading "there MAY BE some more Wii's available on December 6th at 8:00 am"

A question from a relative newbie to owning video consoles.

Beorn does own both a Sega Dreamcast and a Nintendo GameCube. But, we keep them at FIL's and they're rarely played more than a couple of hours a day during school breaks and holidays which rarely last longer than a week at a time. We've had both several years and they operate with no problems. I've never even considered an extended warranty on them, especially as a new system seems to come out every three years or so.

My plans for the Wii is to have it at home, as I really think Beorn will benefit from the physical movement needed to play the games on it. He will probably be allowed to play every day, for about an hour a day. I didn't even think of getting an extended warranty when I bought it yesterday. Do y'all feel it is necessary? And can I still get the warranty at Target that was mentioned earlier in this thread or did I need to request it when I bought the console yesterday?

Opinions please...

You can still get the warranty Pam. I called because I forgot yesterday and they said to just bring in your receipt and go to the electronics dept. Hope that helps and its not a lot of money for 3 years :)

I think somebody said it is $24.99 for 3 years at Target.

I can sort of understand holding some of them in back for the day they put the systems out, but on release day they should all be put out on the shelves and not be behind the counter "just for people purchasing the system". They are already guaranteed a system if they have a ticket but the extra controllers should be first come, first served.

$24.99 for the convienience of just going to a local target isn't bad at all, but like with all extended warrenties, you probably won't need it. If your system is faulty, you'll more than likely know within the manufacturers warrenty period... as long as you use it.

Does anyone know if you buy the replacement warranty from best buy, can you cancel it? I bought the replacement warranty and haven't opened the package and am now thinking maybe i shouln't have. I ordered a wii from jcpenney and I was worried the order would fall through so I went last week and sat in line for 3 hours and bought one from best buy, well my jcpenney order came today!! Now I have two, I know someone who will buy it, but that one would have been cheaper for me because the tax was $10 less, oh well, the things we do for our kids!!!!

$24.99 for the convienience of just going to a local target isn't bad at all, but like with all extended warrenties, you probably won't need it. If your system is faulty, you'll more than likely know within the manufacturers warrenty period... as long as you use it.

Not always true.

My son's 360 went bad after having it for 6 months. And the warrenty was only for 90 days.

I got the warrenty for the Wii just in case.

I am trying to get a Wii for my son and I am not sure about how to go about this. I am in Va. and last week Gamestop was to have several of them on Friday, I went 2 hours early only to learn at 12:30pm when he UPS guy made the delivery they only received 3 systems, of course I was much farther back in line, and did not get one. When I call or go to the stores everyone is very vague about when and and how many they will get. Does anyone know if the Best Buy ad for the 17th is at ALL best buys or just in certain areas of the U.S. Any help will be appreciated, as I don't want to screw up my sons Christmas morning by not having gotten him the top thing on his list:confused Thanks to all

It should be all Best Buy.

Does this mean they won't be releasing any next Sunday (the 10th) either?

This is the info I received from an employee when I asked about the Wii, "They informed us this morning that we will be holding all systems until the 17th for that Sundays ad...if something changes on the release date I will be sure to let you know". If I hear anything different I will post it.

I'm getting sick of these stores holding back and forcing people to stand in the cold (something which I cannot due to hip surgery) - namely out here in Colorado. Getting harder and harder for us disabled folks to try to have the same chance as the next folk.