Sales Tax break for S.C. shoppers on Black Friday

SCMom

I just found out that South Carolina will suspend its state sales tax for Nov. 24 & 25. So on top of the already great savings we won't have to pay state sales tax. You still have to pay any local sales tax but that is only 1% to 1.5%. I might have to go get a laptop afterall.

Sharon

WOWSER! Hey SCMom, when you get more detail on this would you mind coming back and posting it here in this thread. (ie. a news article,etc) This will help clear up any questions folks have.

Hmmmm..... Would driving 14 hours from Iowa to SC just for the no sales tax be worth it???? ;)

Wow. That's awesome. I wonder if I can convince my brother that he doesn't want to come home from college for Thanksgiving and that we'll make a trip down to our house there for BF? Haha. Now, if PS3 was out by that time, I think he'd stay just to avoid the sales tax on that!

We have a tax-free weekend before school starts on school supplies, computer items, & clothes.

The only things is, some of the schools do not send out their "this is what your kid needs this year for school" lists until after the tax-free weekend :(

• 4 weeks later...

Here is what sucks about where I live-

Greenville County:

Population: 407,000

Number of Best Buys: 1

Anderson County:

Population: somewhere over 100,000

What's wrong with that picture. It's pretty obvious which Best Buy is going to be more crowded. The sad part is that Greenville has 2 Circuit City's and 5-10 Walmarts, but only 1 Best Buy. I wonder why that is? I sure hope they build a new Best Buy soon here, because it is definitely needed. This is why i'm either going to Walmart or the Best Buy in Anderson this year, depending on which one has the best sales. Most likely Walmart will though, because they have that price match guarantee thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what sucks about where I live-

Greenville County:

Population: 407,000

Anderson County:

Population: somewhere over 100,000

What's wrong with that picture. It's pretty obvious which Best Buy is going to be more crowded. The sad part is that Greenville has 2 Circuit City's and 5-10 Walmarts, but only 1 Best Buy. I wonder why that is? I sure hope they build a new Best Buy soon here, because it is definitely needed. This is why i'm either going to Walmart or the Best Buy in Anderson this year, depending on which one has the best sales. Most likely Walmart will though, because they have that price match guarantee thing.

Holy cow! They should have more Best Buys in both places then just 1 given how big the areas are. I dont think I would wanna be in either store on BF. Thank god I live in a smaller town.

We have a tax-free weekend before school starts on school supplies, computer items, & clothes.

The only things is, some of the schools do not send out their "this is what your kid needs this year for school" lists until after the tax-free weekend :(

I would Def bring that up to the attention of the school board and demand some action, thats just not cool at all.