Danger, BF Layaway-ers! Danger!

stationchief

Really bad news for those who were plannin' on puttin' things on layaway at WalMart's BF celebration. :cry2: This is currently bein' discussed over at one of GottaDeal's other forums here, but I just thought I'd warn you folks hangin' around the BF forums in case 'ya haven't heard the major news. I just found out today. My wife, who works for Wal-Mart, got back from vacation and went back to work today where the news is really spreading.

According to Wal-Mart, due to the loss of profit for the company and apparant lack of consumer interest, stores will stop layaways Nov. 19 and you must pick up your items mid-December. Apparantly, this includes all Wal-Mart stores in the US, including supercenters. What that means for BF Wal-Mart shoppers? No layaways this BF. Period. So much for the easy way of financing doorbusters. :bigcry:

The sad news has been delivered. A mod can close this thread so we discuss this over there with everyone else if 'ya like, but I'd like to know BF shoppers' take on this. :no:

I heard this too.. just yesterday. I was in walmart and asked someone in layaway for help in the infant department and while waiting I was playing with a cardboard standee.. then I read it. So I know in indiana they are stopping the program also. My guess is there will be a lot of people upset. The Walmart in my area is falling apart tho. Hardly ever clean. Probably due to the area it is in.. takes me a bit to get there and the people that live around it are tearing the place up. Sad.