Layaway at Wal-mart

darkkan

I put layaway on at Walmart this weekend and my receipt only gives me until December 6th to pay for it. I thought it was the 8th for all layaway, but apparently they still "stagger" it, so to speak, by the day you put it on.

I know it is only a couple of days, but that is more time that I will have to find a place to store the over $400 worth of toys I got for the boys. (Yes, I was a bit shocked to see that it was that much, but toys are freaking expensive!). :eyepoppin

Anyway, I just wanted to gripe a bit about Walmart. I wish I had a Target in my little redneck town.

I put layaway on at Walmart this weekend and my receipt only gives me until December 6th to pay for it. I thought it was the 8th for all layaway, but apparently they still "stagger" it, so to speak, by the day you put it on.

I know it is only a couple of days, but that is more time that I will have to find a place to store the over $400 worth of toys I got for the boys. (Yes, I was a bit shocked to see that it was that much, but toys are freaking expensive!). :eyepoppin

Anyway, I just wanted to gripe a bit about Walmart. I wish I had a Target in my little redneck town.

I am sure it will still be in on the 8th. I work at walmart and they have to stagger it so everyone doesn't come in the same day and have to wait in line for 50 hours. It goes by last name as to what day your layaway is due. We aren't cancelling anything until the 8th at midnight!

I was very saddened to learn that Wal-Mart was going to stop their "Lay-Away" practice, as this is the only way that many families can afford to have Christmas for their families and friends, and I am one of those. The only store that's left that has lay-aways is K-Mart, and well, let's just say that the quality of their merchandise has definitely gone down over the last few years. Target is too expensive and they don't have lay away. The reasoning behing Wal-Marts pulling Lay-Away is (according to Corporate Hqds) is that it's not turning enough profit for them to continue it. If you believe strongly enough that Wal-Mart is making a mistake, bumbard the Corp Hqds with emails, sooner or later someone has got to listen to the customers, after all, we're the ones lining their executive's pockets with money!:yup:

I was very saddened to learn that Wal-Mart was going to stop their "Lay-Away" practice, as this is the only way that many families can afford to have Christmas for their families and friends, and I am one of those. The only store that's left that has lay-aways is K-Mart, and well, let's just say that the quality of their merchandise has definitely gone down over the last few years. Target is too expensive and they don't have lay away. The reasoning behing Wal-Marts pulling Lay-Away is (according to Corporate Hqds) is that it's not turning enough profit for them to continue it. If you believe strongly enough that Wal-Mart is making a mistake, bumbard the Corp Hqds with emails, sooner or later someone has got to listen to the customers, after all, we're the ones lining their executive's pockets with money!:yup:

Agree with you 100%. I know a lot of people in my area use layaway all the time.