Best Buy Black Friday Sample Ticket

bigjimslade

aight thanks, WHEN i get my ticket im gonna grab all the items that will sell out and slowly work my way towards my laptop :D

That is a great idea. Some of the things you might want to grab is more RAM for your laptop. RAM goes fast. Another idea is to set up an appt for a Personal Shopper if they have that free program at your BB.

Some of the "tickets" were just photocopied info about the product with a number on it nothing fancy or professional. Don't wait too long to get your ticketed items though - last year, even though I did have a ticket for the camera, they didn't even check to make sure that I had one before giving me the item. Along the same lines, even if you don't have a ticket, ask an employee in the department you're looking in - they may have actually had more items than they gave out tickets for OR more items in the back (to put out after a certain time) - often if you're nice they'll help you out OR someone may have returned their ticket to the employee when they decided not to get the item. I know I take tickets for everything that I MIGHT purchase, but I don't always get the item when I tally everything I was able to snag into my cart, I sometimes decide against it, so I try to find someone who wants the ticket. I never thought of charging someone for the ticket though - I figure that karma's gotta kick in some day - maybe someone else will give me a ticket for something else!! Remember BE NICE to the employees and to other shoppers - they may help you out!

Be very patient with the BB folks. I ended up being pinned against the security guard at the front door for the 45 minutes before they opened on BF. We just talked and made him feel more at ease with the onslaught of people he was about to face (with about 200 people standing all around us). We were getting him to laugh and stay warm talking to us, so when the doors opened, he made sure he took the folks that weren't crowding him and giving him a hard time (which some people were doing) and he got me in the door 3rd. It pays to be patient, and also to be nice when you get in the door. They helped me right away and found everything I needed within 5 minutes. Now, I only got an MP3 player and the $149.99 pc, but it made my wait much easier by being patient with the BB employees. If you stay calm during the ticket hand out (about an hour before the store opens) they will get you taken care of. I got my tickets and helped identify who was in front of and behind me to make sure the folks who waited the longest got their items.

Another good hint, just talk to a few of the folks in front of you to find out what they are there for, and you can poll how many of a particular item they will need before they get to you. I was about maybe 20th in line, and most of the folks in front of me wanted the laptop last year, so I really lucked out.

Be very patient with the BB folks. I ended up being pinned against the security guard at the front door for the 45 minutes before they opened on BF. We just talked and made him feel more at ease with the onslaught of people he was about to face (with about 200 people standing all around us). We were getting him to laugh and stay warm talking to us, so when the doors opened, he made sure he took the folks that weren't crowding him and giving him a hard time (which some people were doing) and he got me in the door 3rd. It pays to be patient, and also to be nice when you get in the door........................

I have been in the security business for over 5 years (diplomatic security/protection) and it always pays to be nice to the security people. I might go out of my way within the rules of protection for someone who has been nice to me then someone who has been a jerk. Good advice!

It's worth going at least once. I convinced my wife to go with me last year, and when I told her it's time to go at 9PM, she said your nuts! we'll be sitting in the car for hours. Well.....there were already 25 people there and she was shocked. Then to see the way some people behave is truly amazing. As we waited in the store for the $149 laptop we had a ticket for about an hour after the store opened, a guy walked into the store asking where the $149 computers were. When the clerk told him they were long gone, this guy erupted and spewed 4 letter words some sailors have never heard! Another guy got booted out of the store for trying to sell the coupons he got but hadn't intended to buy the products. I'm sure most of these folks are sane and reasonable the rest of the year, but man oh man, Black Friday can sure bring out the worst in folks. I told my sister that I always enjoy seeing the video of a lady falling down and getting trampled at WalMart as part of the Thanksgiving holiday tradition any more.

Guest lolwtfbbq
fyi, getting a ticket does not always mean that you are guarenteed the item. i had two tickets for two laptops last year, i left and sent my mom to get the other one with the other ticket, and they refused to honor the price of the laptop because they opened the laptop in the store and had the nerd herd add some FREE spyware program and charged 129 dollars more. so this year, if that happens i think ill be retaining an attorney. this is a very illegal practice.

fyi, getting a ticket does not always mean that you are guarenteed the item. i had two tickets for two laptops last year, i left and sent my mom to get the other one with the other ticket, and they refused to honor the price of the laptop because they opened the laptop in the store and had the nerd herd add some FREE spyware program and charged 129 dollars more. so this year, if that happens i think ill be retaining an attorney. this is a very illegal practice.

That does suck.

• 2 weeks later...
so the items that say they are good for friday and saturday and in small print they say they have 10 item limit per store do you need tickets for these because im only going for the 22 in monitor and a 19 in monitor someone else told me that you cant get two monitors because its one per custmer and i want 2 but they are differnt sizes a 19 and 22 so do i need to bring an extra person for this or can i get both of them myself and when they say friday and saturday are there going to be more on saturday

so the items that say they are good for friday and saturday and in small print they say they have 10 item limit per store do you need tickets for these because im only going for the 22 in monitor and a 19 in monitor someone else told me that you cant get two monitors because its one per custmer and i want 2 but they are differnt sizes a 19 and 22 so do i need to bring an extra person for this or can i get both of them myself and when they say friday and saturday are there going to be more on saturday

It is hard to tell if the monitors will be ticketed items. I would say if you want good shot on getting one then you will need to get to your local BB by 10pm to 11pm on Thursday.

I really do doubt that they will have what you want on Saturday. They say it is a two day sell but that is to get people to come in on Saturday before the Sunday ad hits the next day. What stock they have will be put out on Friday morning. Good Luck!

It is hard to tell if the monitors will be ticketed items. I would say if you want good shot on getting one then you will need to get to your local BB by 10pm to 11pm on Thursday.

I really do doubt that they will have what you want on Saturday. They say it is a two day sell but that is to get people to come in on Saturday before the Sunday ad hits the next day. What stock they have will be put out on Friday morning. Good Luck!

thanks again you must be a pro at best buy

so if im one of the first in line and when they get to me, i can tell them each item i want and they will give a me a ticket for each item? Do they give out tickets for every item or just doorbusters? because i want the

westinghouse 32 inch lcd hdtv

the westinghouse 22 inch monitor

the ati x1600 graphics card

and the compaq presario 3700 399 dollar computer

i can get a ticket for each of these correct?

so if im one of the first in line and when they get to me, i can tell them each item i want and they will give a me a ticket for each item? Do they give out tickets for every item or just doorbusters? because i want the

westinghouse 32 inch lcd hdtv

the westinghouse 22 inch monitor

the ati x1600 graphics card

and the compaq presario 3700 399 dollar computer

i can get a ticket for each of these correct?

You have to get a ticket for each item you want. What will happen is that someone from Best Buy will come out with one set of tickets and start at the front of the line. He/She will say "179 Emachine" and will go down the line until he/she runs out. Then a second store worker will come down the line with a different set of tickets and will do the same until he/she runs out or gets to the end of the line.

The graphics card you want wont be a ticketed item. What you will have to do is when the door opens is to run to the area where they have them and grab what you want. Then you will have to stand in line for each ticketed item. By your list above you will have to stand in 2 or 3 lines to claim each ticketed item. Each line will take about an hour or more each. Good luck!

I assume if I get the ticket for the laptop I go straight to the checkout and present my ticket? BB will then grab the laptop for me and I pay?

Yes! Once they open the doors if you dont want anything else like more RAM or other items then you will go to the checkout they tell you when you get your ticket. Once you are at the checkout they will sell you the laptop and you can go home.

what if you have the ticket for a tv but you have no way to get such a big tv home? there still is shipping options? is it cheaper on that day?

If you have a ticket and have not paid for the item by 12 noon then the TV is put on the sales floor and anyone can buy it at that point. If you dont have a car big to ship the TV home then I would rent a truck from home depot or Uhaul.

Yes! Once they open the doors if you dont want anything else like more RAM or other items then you will go to the checkout they tell you when you get your ticket. Once you are at the checkout they will sell you the laptop and you can go home.

You mean onto the next BF store, right?? ;)

But then again, if someone gets a laptop, they either better bring it home, or hide it very well in the car before going into the next store!

Everyone keeps talking about waiting in different lines for each ticketed item. At my BB last year, you just got in line and workers would take your tickets and get your items. Does no one else's do this??

I think it just depends on what each store does. I have been on here for 2 years now and it seems there is no real uniform in what the stores do as far as the lines or personal shopper program.