Crazy about the holidays!

Cecilliadb

I am putting up my tree this weekend and decorating it with fall decor, with fake pumpkins underneath, fall garland, scarecrow, etc. so all I have to do is take the fall decorations down and put up Christmas ones...LOL I saw the idea at the hair salon last weekend and I thought I would do the same!! ;)

I am putting up my tree this weekend and decorating it with fall decor, with fake pumpkins underneath, fall garland, scarecrow, etc. so all I have to do is take the fall decorations down and put up Christmas ones...LOL I saw the idea at the hair salon last weekend and I thought I would do the same!! ;)

That is an awesome idea!..plus it would make sense to get that stuff out now before the weather turns frigid and snowing, etc...plus you will know what you will need to buy to finish decorating...

such great ideas! Thanks

Just over a year ago, my husband and I went into a Christmas store and they had a GORGEOUS tree decorated with cornucopias, fruit, leaves, etc. If I could afford to buy all those materials, I would duplicate that tree in a heart beat.

I watch Christmas movies all year long and look for the first signs of Christmas decorations from the time the stores put away the school supplies. I would love to have Christmas decorations up all year. Hubby and kids make me wait until after Halloween, but that means that Nov. 1st, all of the Christmas things get put out!LOL I'm listening to an Elvis Christmas cd now!LOL

Oh-My-GOSH! I think I'm in love...I went to costco to see if they had an advent calendar someone mentioned in another thread and they have a 5 ft tall nut cracker Santa! I have a compulshion when it comes to nut crackers, and I want him! lol:gdcool:

My aunt keeps hers up all year long and decorates it for every holiday, easter, st. patties day, the kids birthdays, her anniversary, you name it... It is a hoot and actually a conversation piece now.:P

Christmas is my favorite holiday and I love decorating for Christmas. The inside of the house is TOTALLY mine and my husband will leave home when I start decorating the day after Thanksgiving.

He does help me decorate the outside with a little moaning and groaning when I keep changing my mind on how to do it.:D

i would think having the "fall tree" would take away the whole thing making it special..it is a limmitted tiem decor. and if you have a "fall tree" why not leave it year round and have a spring tree.and a summer tree? christmas is christmas .if extended too much it will not be specialIMO.. though many decorate a different theme all year round. nice to look at..

i would think having the "fall tree" would take away the whole thing making it special..it is a limmitted tiem decor. and if you have a "fall tree" why not leave it year round and have a spring tree.and a summer tree? christmas is christmas .if extended too much it will not be specialIMO.. though many decorate a different theme all year round. nice to look at..

I actually know people that do decorate their tree for the seasons. It wouldn't make Christmas less special for me b/c the actual Christmas ornaments are not on the tree. In fact, I think I would get excited at thought of changing out the decorations on the tree. But then again, this is coming from the girl who listens to Christmas music throughout the year and it still hasn't become less special. Not everyone can stand that. To each their own. I LOVE Christmas! :)

Me too!!!! The only difference is that my DH is JUST as crazy as me over Christmas LOL!!!:fluffy:

Awwww.. I gotta get a husband like that..... LOL

Actually, I am very happy to be here, because I just love to talk about the holidays, and there's just nobody here to talk to. Sorry if I'm complainign too much... I'm a bit sad today.. I miss the USA.