Anyone besides me start shopping in July or do you wait for the Black Friday deals???

kc82769

I start day after Christmas too and go all year. Tend to pick up more around July. I don't know if I'm getting old or what, but I am just losing patience with the whole BF race. As much as I love it, I can't stand the rudeness anymore. Used to be I could get off work and be one of the first in line at 4 a.m. Now, I'm lucky if I am one of the first 200 people in line at 4 a.m. Just doesn't seem worth it when I get 90% of the deals on line, without the hassle. just my .02

I shop throughout the year, but find it hard to buy something in April to give to someone in December, so it often becomes a birthday present (requiring yet another present for Christmas). Sometimes it becomes an early Christmas present, but I still try to have a little something to give them on Christmas.

One thing I want to add that if you shop when the season is not upon us you tend to save money, first because you are probably buying something on sale or clearance, second because you don't feel the pressure that comes around at the holiday times. I noticed that if I have most of the stuff, I am more controlled over what else I add but if I feel that I am short, I tend to go overboard and of course the sales may not be as good as earlier in the year. Of course, the kids always come up with things that I didn't even think they were interested in....LOL