Any experience w/ digital camera Sears is advertising?

okwdvc

Sears has a Digitrex 3MP Digital Camera for $49.99. I can't find this camera anywhere. The closest I've come is a 2mp with this brand. I wonder if it is a typo and it is actually a .3 mp? I have a great Cannon S-50 that I love. I am looking for a digital camera for my 9 1/2 year old daughter. I am not willing to spend much since she is a kid. Any experience with this camera? THanks.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the GottaDeal forums, please make yourself at home :2welcome:

Your daughter is very lucky that you're buying a digital camera for her! Based on the specs and the fact that it used to sell for $139.99 on Amazon.com I say GO FOR IT!

Since she is 9 you don't want to risk damaging an expensive $300 digital camera. Fortunately this has decent specs and isn't super low end. Who knows your daughter may one day work for National Geographic (and will be able to plug GottaDeal.com for us a few times ;) ).

Have a great weekend!

Ross

I bought the 2MP digitrex camera from Office Max (DSC-2110) this past summer for my daughter to take to 4-H camp. She took some really good pictures with it and loved it. I was a bit worried about her taking my sony to camp and the old Kodak just didn't cut it anymore :-) It has a little bit of a zoom (I think 4 digital?) and she had a blast with it. I think your daughter will love it!! My daughter's uses AAA batteries and has quite a bit of battery life (surprisingly good, actually) and takes the SD cards (which are really cheap compared to the memory sticks) Don't forget to get her a memory card to go with it and have fun!

No, just Sam's Club. We just moved to this area and I haven't even seen a Costco. Doesn't mean one isn't out there but I have yet to notice it. Why? Do they have something that may interest me? My sister is a Costco member up north and could go for me.

Lisa

No, just Sam's Club. We just moved to this area and I haven't even seen a Costco. Doesn't mean one isn't out there but I have yet to notice it. Why? Do they have something that may interest me? My sister is a Costco member up north and could go for me.

Lisa

I would ask your sister to go to CostCo between 11/26 - 11/28 to buy these rechargeable batteries.

Trust me you need a good NiMH charger and rechargeable batteries with a digicam. Otherwise you will easily go through 8+ alkaline batteries a week, even more if they are cheapie store brand names. We have an older version of this charger and it is excellent. We use the batteries for my MP3 player, wife's CD walkman, our TV remotes, radio control cars, etc.

I would ask your sister to go to CostCo between 11/26 - 11/28 to buy these rechargeable batteries.

Trust me you need a good NiMH charger and rechargeable batteries with a digicam. Otherwise you will easily go through 8+ alkaline batteries a week, even more if they are cheapie store brand names. We have an older version of this charger and it is excellent. We use the batteries for my MP3 player, wife's CD walkman, our TV remotes, radio control cars, etc.

I'll send her shopping! Thanks :-)

Lisa

Hmmmmm........ I think I might be back to the drawing board. The $140 camera posted from Amazon is not the same one Sears is selling. The $50 one at Sears is regularly $60. It just isn't as exciting if I am only saving $10.

Lisa