New Targets on BF

shopping mom

Last year I went to Target first, I LOVED it!! The cashiers were super nice and not all crabby like Walmart. We were just really kinda looking in the electronics dept and a cashier came up to us and asked if we were ready to check out--we are now! The lines up front were CRAZY and we were first in the electronics. I have nothing but praises for Target and will be going there first this year! =0)

I don't get to shop at Target for black friday because the closes one is 45 minutes away. I save my target shopping for the after christmas mark down sales. I save a little money from my black friday stash just to use on 90% day. Some times slim pickens but I can always find enough to fill two carts. Already planning on using a vacation day for it which I'm hoping is around 1/06/07. Happy hunting

• 2 weeks later...
Last year me, my son, daughter in law and best friend all stood in line at BB @ 11 pm turkey night until we got the coupons for the computers. Then my daughter in law went to TRU and I went to Target. I was first in line, the employees lined up shopping carts across the front doors to keep line jumps out (this has worked very well for the past 2 years). I was in and out of Target, went to TRU got my DDL and processed to BB. Got the computers and we was done. My sister in law went to WM and another friend went to JCP. Family and Friends plan. We all have a list of what everyone wants at the different stores. We have great fun. Can't wait for this year

I am hitting Target second unless their deals are better than Walmart. I usually hit the two marts (wal and k) and the target depending on traffic levels and deals. I think kmart is just going down hill..but I did get the sewing machine my daughter wanted last year for 20 bucks, normally 49.99. I also have a Christmas Arts and Craft show going on that weekend....hopefully will have almost all my shopping done that weekend.

BTW...remember those people who physically can't go out shopping that day. I always shop for someone who is shut in on BF. I get their list on Thanksgiving when I visit and then put their stuff in with mine. That way, they get the good deals as well.

You know I think I've only been to Target once on BF. They just don't have the deals on things I need. Although I know the one year I did go they were super friendly. They went in the back to get some things me and another lady wanted and they were rushed when the brought the box out. She told everyone she would give no one a thing until the lady and I got what we wanted first since we waited so nicely for her to get them.

Target employees are always much more helpful then most other retail stores.

Vicki

I love watching everyone come thru the doors and they take off running to electronics!! Last year, our AP had everything very well organized. No one could sneak thru the checkout lanes, they had carts blocking them, only one way in, everyone had to go thru a "maze".

This year, Targets that have a Starbucks, are in for a special treat! Starbucks will be opening at 5am! the Barista's will be "running" in and out taking orders for the guests that are waitting in line to get into the store. At least that is the rumor that we are hearing!

This year, Targets that have a Starbucks, are in for a special treat! Starbucks will be opening at 5am! the Barista's will be "running" in and out taking orders for the guests that are waitting in line to get into the store. At least that is the rumor that we are hearing!

That is one smart Starbucks manager. I bet they make a killing in Frappacinos, Machiatos and Lattes!

• 2 weeks later...

Newbie here.

my exp. with Target has always been really great on BF. Since its a 2 day sale not the 4 hour thing, we don't go there first. If there is something I want that is not on the shelf, I find an employee and ask if they have anymore in the back. Everytime the employee will go search and on the rare and I mean rare occasion that they do not, I just go for a raincheck.

Target is my fav for BF. Okay so its also the fav for the other 364 days.

I hit Target in the early AM (around 10-11) and I've never had a problem finding my picks and getting out there quickly. Last year, I was in and out in less than 15 minutes!!! They're building a Target 10 minutes from my house but it won't be open for the holiday season. Can't wait to next year though. I don't think I will have go further than 15 miles for everything!!!

Target is my first choice for BF. Ours opens at 6 am and it is always spotless - all year long. Their associates are nicer than those at our Super Wal-Marts. I refuse to go to Super Wal-Mart on BF. Every year, someone always states that there was a fight amongst women in one of them. I just don't think anything is worth fighting over (physically).

Shopping at Target on BF is relaxing, not rushed and hurried. Sometimes I might have a problem getting down an aisle, but 9 times out of 10, the people are nice and find a way to help others get through!

Last year, a new target opened near me in late October. We have an older one about 5 miles from this new one, but the older one is on a main shopping drag with every other store under the sun. The new one was more secluded in an area that is just starting grow retail wise. The new store was GREAT! The tech area was neatly organized and they made just one big line instead of letting people pick and pray they got a good line (I love when stores do that!) I can't wait to hit the "new" target again this year!

It's all different, I think. My Target is clean, uncluttered, the FRIENDLIEST staff I've ever encountered in a retail environment...it's just a sheer pleasure to shop there. On the flip side, there's a Target about 20 miles away in Salem, and I would lump them in with the attitudes I usually find in the 'blue & gray box' store.