Wonder if Wally World will do another Lap Top this year?

f1rstclass

I am sure they will...but with higher quantities this time...

It was the same way with their desktop PC 2 years ago.... not enough... but then last year there was plenty to go around.

I am hoping for a decent HDTV deal... My guess... 30" LCD $588. THAT would get me into line right after my Thanksgiving dinner!

and I wonder if Circuit City will (again) have the better laptop?

If CC has another AOL instant rebate offer, I hope it actually works this time :)

Well CC won't have the AOL deal because AOL broadband membership is free. I just found this out about 2 weeks ago, called AOL, and was able to terminate my 1 year subscription that wasn't up until the end of November.

Now maybe they'll do the dialup deal, but my guess is they won't bother with that nightmare of having 40 people lined up to get registered on one POS terminal like last year.

I'm hoping to get another laptop this year since my wife took over the other one....:mad:

I was at WM last year around 2am - and there was a line already formed for the laptops - it began at midnight. There were already about 8 people when I got there. I was not shopping for a laptop, so I was able to observe the line better. It got CRAZY and when it started, they only had 11 laptops to sell. There were A LOT of MAD people in line.

My WalMart laptop from last year is still sealed in the box. :eek: But I'm getting the itch to get it out (actually... I'm getting tired of the wife whining about me using her VAIO :razz: )

But we also got the desktop and had it setup before Christmas, and it's been working fine.

(btw... my WalMart had 90 laptops and 32 desktops last year.)

Last year the EDTV Plasma and Laptops were in the same line at my Walmart.

Mine only had 9 of the plasmas and they had them out front at the checkout area, already on gondolas right next to the stack of desktops I was standing next to. And by 2am when I got there there were exactly 9 people, lined up across each one. :)

I'm curious if WM will BF any gaming consoles this time. With the PS3 and Nintendo Wii coming over the next couple of months, I can see a blowout of PS2s and GameCubes. Or possibly even one of the handhelds (the Nintendo DS has been replaced with the DS Lite)

My stepson does the parking lot security at my WM and came home the other night to let me know the price on the Nintendo GC controllers have been dropped down to $11.83 from $19.95. So it looks as if the move is already on to clear out space for the new stuff.

I saw something at Walmart today that was interesting. There was a LCD tv bundled with a laptop for $998. Maybe a hint at something for Black Friday?

I also seen this at WM mine also had it listed for 998. From what I understand alot of things online are not the same price as in their stores. Last year my son wanted a Furreal Chimp and on their website it was cheaper than in the store so I printed it off the computer to show them and they wouldn't price match it. I don't get that at all if you price match other stores why wouldn't you price match your own website?

I'm not touching Wally World w/a twenty foot poll on BF!!! Our Walmart is WAY to small for the number of people who chop there... I don't even go there for normal shopping because of the hassle. They were going to build a new super Walmart but I guess that got shot down for a Home Depot instead :rolleyes:

I also seen this at WM mine also had it listed for 998. From what I understand alot of things online are not the same price as in their stores. Last year my son wanted a Furreal Chimp and on their website it was cheaper than in the store so I printed it off the computer to show them and they wouldn't price match it. I don't get that at all if you price match other stores why wouldn't you price match your own website?

The website is totally different division of walmart and this is why. It's also similar to how walmart will not pricematch another walmart store.

The website is totally different division of walmart and this is why. It's also similar to how walmart will not pricematch another walmart store.

Ya, alot of stores are like that. The reason for it is because the Websites are not run by the store in question, but by a third party who runs the site, like a Webmaster or something.

I ran into the same problem with Verizonwireless. Last year when I was looking to upgrade my phone I saw online I could get it for $50. So I thought I would print it out and take it in to my local store to get the deal, they basically laughed at me and told me they could not sell me the same phone for that price or they would go out of busness. :confused:

So I ended up ordering online, because they wanted me to pay almost 250 for the same phone in the store. I was thinking to myself that was crazy, but if you think about it Websites don't have the same overhead costs as running a store.

I'm not touching Wally World w/a twenty foot poll on BF!!! Our Walmart is WAY to small for the number of people who chop there... I don't even go there for normal shopping because of the hassle. They were going to build a new super Walmart but I guess that got shot down for a Home Depot instead :rolleyes:

it might just come...most walmarts are going to the super walmart format...