Post a Holiday Recipe & Win a Black Friday T-Shirt [Contest Ends 10/16]

Brad

Time for another t-shirt contest!

How to enter: reply to this thread and post one or more recipes for your favorite holiday foods. Whether it's Christmas cookies, stuffing for Thanksgiving, a Halloween treat or anything else you'd like, share the recipe with everyone here.

Hopefully it's something you've made every year that you love, or if you are "baking-challenged", find a recipe that sounds good and post that one. Feel free to tell everyone why it's so good and/or include pics to make everyone hungry.

Contest will be open until 11:59pm CT on Wednesday, October 16th. I will then randomly choose 5 members who entered and you'll each win a limited edition Black Friday t-shirt!

Good luck to everyone!

And in case you didn't see it, here is this year's shirt design:

2024bfshirt.png

Also for anyone looking for more recipes to make this year, here are some of the recipe contest threads we've done in the past. Hopefully we get some new ones in this thread instead of re-using the old ones:

2009:

2010:

2011:

2017:

2020:

2023:

-----

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm looking for a dressing recipe, because my sister and I only know how to use StoveTop :).  I recently tried this one. The flavor was good, but I prefer a more moist (dare I say, mushy?) dressing. I left out the apples, and I may add more broth. I don't know if that will help 🤷‍♀️. Anyway, it's Gluten Free (for my daughter in law); maybe you'll like it:

https://www.mamagourmand.com/gluten-free-stuffing/

image.thumb.jpeg.a1dae4c6e4aaa9eff27f7b2738c0827c.jpeg

Ingredients

• 1 recipe gluten-free bread (2 pound loaf) see recipe notes for using store-bought bread
  • 9 ½ tablespoons butter divided
  • 3 celery stalks diced
  • 1 medium onion diced
  •  cup fresh parsley minced
  • 1 ½ teaspoon dried sage (2 tablespoon fresh minced)
  • ¾ teaspoon dried thyme (1 tablespoon fresh minced)
  • ¾ teaspoon dried marjoram (1 tablespoon fresh minced)
  • 1 ½ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon pepper
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 apple peeled and diced
  • 2 cups gluten-free chicken broth

Instructions

• Begin by slicing the bread into 1/2-inch cubes and divide between two baking sheets. Let dry at room temperature for 24 hours. Alternatively, toast the bread cubes in a 225ºF oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
    1 recipe gluten-free bread (2 pound loaf)
  • Liberally grease a 9X13-inch dish with ½ tablespoon butter. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
  • Melt 6 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the celery and onions. Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
    3 celery stalks,1 medium onion
  • Add the parsley, sage, thyme, marjoram, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir for 1 minute longer and remove from heat.
    ⅓ cup fresh parsley,1 ½ teaspoon dried sage,¾ teaspoon dried thyme,¾ teaspoon dried marjoram,1 ½ teaspoon salt,½ teaspoon pepper
  • In a large bowl whisk the eggs and egg yolk. Add the dried bread, apple, butter herb mixture, and pour broth over everything. Gently stir to combine.
    3 large eggs,1 egg yolk,1 apple,2 cups gluten-free chicken broth
  • Spread the mixture in the prepared baking dish. Melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter and drizzle over the top. Cover securely with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 20-25 minutes longer, or until the top starts to brown

3 minutes ago, Bopeep said:

I'm looking for a dressing recipe, because my sister and I only know how to use StoveTop :).  I recently tried this one. The flavor was good, but I prefer a more moist (dare I say, mushy?) dressing.

I’m pretty sure I have shared my instructions for crockpot stuffing in the past, so this won’t be eligible for the contest. But, I guarantee this will give you the moist, cooked-in-the-bird texture your looking for, and it works with any stuffing/dressing recipe.

Mix up your favorite stuffing or dressing recipe.

Spray or grease the crockery insert.

Put the mixture into the crockery.

Cover the crockpot and cook on High for 45 minutes.

Turn the crockpot to Low and cook for four to six hours.

Serve.

The bottom and edges will crisp up like the bit which would pop out of the bird as the stuffing expanded, but the rest will taste like it was infused with the drippings from the bird.

AD120D7E-9685-42C8-9D15-C0DDB5BBBF1B.jpeg

• Like 1

We are currently in the 10 Days of Awe, the time between Rosh HaShanah and Yom Kippur. While I’ve been making Jake Cohen’s Upside Down Apple Honey Cake for several years as a traditional dessert this time of year, I thought it was traditional because of the apple and honey for a sweet new year. I learned of this second tradition regarding it just this past year:

Why ask for sweet honey cake before Yom Kippur?

Upside Down Apple Honey Cake

247F01F4-48ED-4A6A-A39C-D32FECABD045.thumb.jpeg.a179bb8e4623eec4cf596a67bd244b18.jpeg

• Nonstick cooking spray, for greasing 
  • 3 Honeycrisp apples, cored and sliced into 8 wedges each 
  • 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar 
  • 8 oz (2 sticks) unsalted butter 
  • 1 cup honey, plus more for garnish (optional) 
  • 3/4 cup buttermilk 
  • 2 large eggs 
  • 1/2 cup packed (100g) dark brown sugar 
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract 
  • 2 cups (270g) all-purpose flour 
  • 2 tsp kosher salt 
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon 
  • 1 tsp freshly grated nutmeg 
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder 
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda 
  • Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a high-sided 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper cut to fit and grease with cooking spray. 
  2. Line the bottom of the prepared pan with apples wedges, arranging them in concentric circles, then shingle any remaining slices in the center.
  3. In a medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar with 3 tablespoons water. Cook over medium-high heat, shaking the pan as needed, until an amber caramel forms, 6 to 8 minutes. Immediately pour the caramel over the apples in an even layer. 
  4. In another medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Cook, stirring continuously, until browned and nutty in aroma, 6 to 8 minutes. Pour the melted butter into a heatproof large bowl and let cool slightly, then whisk in the honey, buttermilk, eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth. 
  5. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and fold until just incorporated. Pour the batter over the caramel-coated apples. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. 
  6. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then run a paring knife around the edge of the cake. Place a plate over the cake pan and invert them together, then lift off the pan and remove the parchment. Let the cake cool slightly, then serve warm. Top with whipped cream and drizzle with honey, if desired.

I use an 8” high sided cake pan and bake for the hour and 10 minutes, as I like a taller cake.

It is extremely important to turn the cake out of the pan after only 15 minutes of cooling, otherwise even with the parchment the glaze turns too sticky and crumbles the top.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Christmas tree cake dip in a bowl.

Ingredients

• 5 Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes
  • 8 oz Cream Cheese softened
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 8 oz Cool Whip
  •  cup Milk
  • Christmas Sprinkles optional

Instructions
  • Place all the ingredients in a large mix bowl. Mix with a hand held mixer until well combined and mostly smooth. Note: There will be some lumps of the cake in the dip.
  • Refrigerate until ready to serve.
  • Serve cold topped with the sprinkles with your favorite dippers and enjoy!

image.jpeg.70ffae2c7a70c6de901aaee3c3b7b4a7.jpeg

I don't know what the name of this dessert is, but we've called it "Ooo Cake" ever since my young niece saw it and that was her exclamation. And no, there is no cake in it!

Ingredients

Prepared Brownies (I double or triple my recipe and bake it on a sheet pan)

2 Containers Cool Whip

Mini Chocolate Chips

Raspberries

Directions

Once brownies are cool, cut into small pieces (I just crumble with my hands) and place a layer into a 9x13 pan

Spread a thin layer of Cool Whip over the crumbled brownies

Sprinkle a handful of mini chocolate chips over the Cool Whip layer

Drop raspberries around on top of that

Repeat layers to the top of the pan

Cover and refrigerate overnight

This is always a hit with family and co-workers.

Burbank’s Sweet Potato Casserole

Ingredients

• 3 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
    • 1/2 cup white sugar
    • 2 beaten eggs
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 4 ounces melted butter
    • 1/2 cup raisins optional
    • 1/2 cup milk
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
    • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
    • 1/2 cup flour
    • 1 cup chopped nuts
    • 3 tablespoons butter

Directions

Mix first eight ingredients together and place in 9x9 glass pan. Mix remaining ingredients and spread on top of potato mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until heated through. Recipe may be doubled. Enjoy!

Edited by len_mullen

Fruit cookie bars

Ingredients

1/3 cup melted butter

1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers

1 cup coconut flakes

1 cup chopped dates

1 cup candied cherries, chopped

1 cup candied pineapple, chopped

1 cup pecans

1 can sweetened condensed milk

Instructions

1. preheat oven to 325 degrees

2. in a bowl, combine melted butter with graham cracker crumbs. Pat crumb mixture into a 9 inch by 13 inch pan.

3. Press each ingredient, in a single layer, on top of the crumbs, starting with the coconut flakes, then add dates, cherries, pineapple, and pecans.

4. Cover the entire dessert with the sweetened condensed milk.

5. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool completely and cut into 15-18 bars.

I've been on a health kick since July, missing my usual sweets but looking for new low fat/high protein options. This has become a go to:

Crustless Egg White Quiche with Spinach & Feta

Prep Time: 10minutes

Cook Time: 40minutes

Servings: 4

Ingredients

1.5 cups egg whites

1 cup cottage cheese

1 red bell pepper finely chopped

1 cup spinach or kale finely chopped

1 tsp olive oil

3 tbsp green onion sliced thin

1/2 cup monterey jack cheese shredded

1/2 cup feta crumbled

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep a round 8" baking dish or pie dish by spraying with cooking spray or oil.

In a small sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium heat and sauté bell pepper, spinach and green onion for 3-4 mins. Transfer to a small bowl and allow to cool.

In a large bowl, add egg white, cottage cheese, monterey jack cheese, feta cheese, salt, and pepper. (If you're planning to use a tabletop blender, add these ingredients directly to a blender)

Using an immersion blender, blend for 30-60 seconds until fully combined and smooth. (If using a tabletop blender, blend on high until smooth)

Mix in cooled veggies.

Pour egg white quiche mixture into the baking dish and bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes. The quiche will be slightly browned and firm in the middle when finished.

Nutrition

Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 832mg | Potassium: 339mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1891IU | Vitamin 😄 41mg | Calcium: 252mg | Iron: 1mg

• Like 1

I am known for making buckeyes every Christmas.  When I first made them, i got a recipe out of the church cookbook.  I didn't realize it was enough to feed the whole church!   But I still use that recipe, and they all get eaten.  

Buckeyes (chocolate covered peanut butter balls) - Makes approximately 19 DOZEN

1 pound butter

2 pounds peanut butter

3 pounds powdered sugar

Semi sweet chocolate chips or other melting chocolate 

Mix together first 3 ingredients.  I start with a mixer, then you may need to finish with your hands.  

Roll into small balls.  Smaller than you think you should.  Put in freezer for a few minutes.

Use a toothpick to dip balls into melted chocolate.   Sometimes I put a tiny bit of oil in the melted chocolate.   

Place back in freezer to get hard.  

Picture shows 229 buckeyes,  a few chocolate dipped pretzels using leftover chocolate, homemade marshmallows, and homemade buttermints.   

20221222_142826.jpg

• Love 2

4-Ingredient Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake Recipe

1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
  2. Spread 1 can (16 oz.) lemon pie filling in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
  3. Sprinkle 1 package (15 oz.) yellow cake mix evenly over the filling.
  4. Dot with 4 oz. cubed cream cheese.
  5. Top with ½ cup (1 stick) thinly sliced unsalted butter.
  6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
  7. Serve warm, optionally with whipped cream.
  • Love 2

This is a super easy pecan pie. We got it off a package of Pillsbury pie crusts a while back:

Ingredients:

1 cup packed brown sugar

1/3 cup butter, melted 

3/4 cup light corn syrup (we Karo) 

1/2 teaspoon salt 

3 eggs 

1 1/2 cups pecan halves or pieces 

1 crust from a 12 oz package of frozen Pillsbury Deep Dish Pie Crust

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Beat all ingredients (except pecans) together until well blended, then stir in pecans.

Pour into the frozen crust and bake 35-40 minutes until the center is set.

Note - after about 15 minutes you can take foil and cover the edges of the piecrust so that it doesn't scorch.

Let the pie cool at least 20-30 minutes. My mom always served with French Vanilla ice cream. You can also add a drizzle of caramel sauce on top of your ice cream.

• Like 1

This recipe can be used for an appetizer for any fancy meal, since it looks so fancy.  Since it's a star, it's very fitting for Christmas meals.  Trust me, you don't need to have a lot of technical skills to make this impressive bread.  I didn't think mine would come out anywhere near the photos, but it did. 

Garlic and Herb Star Bread

From the Food Network Click here for their post

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup warm water (about 110˚ F)
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 1/4-ounce packet active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon fine salt
  • 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, plus more for the pan
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 5.2-ounce package soft garlic-and- herb cheese (such as Boursin)
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped jarred Calabrian chile peppers
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • Flaky sea salt, for topping

Directions:
1. Stir the warm water and sugar together until dissolved, then stir in the yeast; set aside until foamy, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the flour, baking powder and fine salt in a large bowl.
2. Add the butter to the flour mixture and work it in with your fingertips until the butter is in pea-size pieces. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the yeast mixture and milk. Stir with a wooden spoon until the flour is completely moistened and the dough looks like a shaggy ball, switching to your hands and gently kneading to bring the dough together, if necessary. Cover the bowl and let the dough rise at room temperature until doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. 
3. When the dough is almost ready, make the filling: Combine the cheese, chiles, parsley, thyme and lemon zest in a small bowl. Mash and stir together with a small rubber spatula until smooth and spreadable. Set aside. 
4. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and briefly knead until smooth, three or four times. Pat until about 1 inch thick, then fold into thirds like a letter and pat until 1 inch thick again. Rotate the dough 90 degrees and repeat folding and patting two more times. Divide into 2 equal pieces. 
5. Lightly butter an upside-down rimmed baking sheet (or a rimless baking sheet). Roll out 1 piece of dough into an 11-inch round on a floured surface and transfer to the pan. Spread with the filling, stopping about 3/4 inch from the edge. Roll out the second piece of dough into an 11-inch round and place on top of the first. Pinch and press the edges of the dough together to seal.
6. Center the rim of a drinking glass (about 3 inches in diameter) in the middle of the dough; gently press to mark the center. At the 12 o’clock mark, cut through the dough with a very sharp knife from the glass to the edge, leaving the center circle uncut. Repeat at the 3 o’clock, 6 o’clock and 9 o’clock points on the circle to make 4 quarters. Halve each quarter to make 8 equal wedges; halve those to make 16 wedges.
7. Lift the edges of 2 wedges that are next to each other and twist them away from each other twice. Pinch the ends together to make a pointed tip. Repeat with the remaining pairs of wedges. Remove the glass and cover the dough with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until the filling is firm and the dough has puffed and risen slightly, 45 minutes to 1 hour. 
8. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400˚ F. Uncover the dough and re-pinch any ends that came apart. Brush all over with the beaten egg and sprinkle with flaky salt. Bake until golden brown all over, especially around the center circle, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool a few minutes on the baking sheet, then carefully slide onto a rack to cool completely. Serve at room temperature. 

Notes/Tips: Yes, you can essentially use pre-made doughs if you're short on time.  You'd probably want to use either a crescent roll dough (several tubes as this makes a huge star) or puff pastry, depending on how flaky you want it.  You probably could use pizza dough too.

I've seen versions of this that is more dessert-style - making a filling of cinnamon sugar instead of savory cheese.

You can substitute any flavors you want in the filling - make it ranch, make it spicier, make it milder - it doesn't really matter!  Enjoy!

1632510895593.webp

• Love 2

On 10/11/2024 at 9:22 PM, speeddiva said:

4-Ingredient Lemon Cream Cheese Dump Cake Recipe

1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
  2. Spread 1 can (16 oz.) lemon pie filling in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
  3. Sprinkle 1 package (15 oz.) yellow cake mix evenly over the filling.
  4. Dot with 4 oz. cubed cream cheese.
  5. Top with ½ cup (1 stick) thinly sliced unsalted butter.
  6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
  7. Serve warm, optionally with whipped cream.

I'm DEFINITELY trying this!!!

• Like 1

I usually make peach cobbler, but my kids won't eat it, two of them don't care for peaches and one doesn't like warm fruit... Apple cobbler has been a request but I always make a crisp or pie... this year I think I may try it with this recipe... I may cheat and use ready made crust and there is a note at the bottom on how to make it without cooking the apples first (which is what I'd probably do).

Apple Cobbler

Ingredients

For the apple filling

• pounds apples, peeled, about 9-11 large apples; use a variety of flavors
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, from 1 small lemon
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice, from 1 small lemon
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 5 tablespoons all purpose flour*, See notes if you are making this without cooking the apples
  • 1 & 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon cardamom, optional
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the cobbler topping

• 2 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
  • 1 & 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 cup buttermilk**, cheater version okay, see notes
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup cold butter, chopped into chunks
  • 2 tablespoons sugar, granulated or raw sugar or both
  •  

Instructions

• Make the apple filling: Choose your apples. You need 5 pounds of apples for this recipe, which is about 9-11 large apples. I like to use a mix of apples for the best flavor, like Granny Smith, Gala, and Golden Delicious.
  • Use a microplane grater to zest 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel into a high-sided 12-inch skillet. (SEE NOTE for instructions on how to make this without cooking the apples first; you can skip the skillet and place raw apples directly in the baking dish.) Slice the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the pan, about 3 tablespoons.
  • Peel all the apples with a vegetable peeler, or one of those handy apple peelers. Slice the apples very thin, about 1/8 inch, see photos. You should end up with about 9 cups of sliced apples. Add your apples to the skillet with the lemon. Toss the apples with the lemon juice occasionally as you peel, so the apples don't brown.
  • Cook the apples. (Remember this is optional! See notes!) Once you have all the apples peeled and sliced in the pan, set it over medium heat on the stove.
  • Add 3/4 cups granulated sugar and 3/4 cup packed brown sugar over the top of the apples in the pan. Sprinkle 5 tablespoons flour, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon cardamom (optional but delicious), and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt on the apples. Stir it together gently so you don’t break all the apples.
  • Once the mixture is all moistened and you don’t see patches of flour or cinnamon, set a timer for 20 minutes. Cover the mixture with a lid but don’t walk away. Stick around and stir the mixture every 3 minutes or so, replacing the lid each time. Cook for 20 minutes, until the apples are fork tender but still hold their shape. The apples will not soften more while baking in the oven, because of the magic of pectin. So have a taste and see if you want to cook a longer or shorter time. Only you can know your apple al dente perfection level.
  • Once it's off heat, stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Scrape the cooked apples and all the caramel-y-ness into a 9×13 inch casserole dish. Set aside to cool for a couple minutes.
  • Make the cobbler topping:

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
  • In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients: 2 and 1/2 cups flour, 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1 teaspoon baking powder. Whisk it together.
  • In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup buttermilk* and 1 egg. Pour it into the bowl with the flour, then use a pastry cutter to cut it into the flour, making a shaggy dough. You can use a spoon or fork if you don't have a pastry cutter, be sure to use a cutting motion rather than stirring. It's okay if there are still some dry spots of flour, see photos. Pour or spoon the flour mixture on top of the apples in the 9×13 pan, and spread around evenly.
  • Chop a stick of butter into 1/2 inch pieces. Scatter evenly over the top of the flour mixture.
  • Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over the top. I used half granulated sugar and half demerara (raw) sugar to give it extra crunch.
  • Bake at 375 for 45-55 minutes. The top should be turning light brown. Once it is light brown all over the top (not just in a few spots) and it's bubbling like crazy, it's done.

If you like an extra crispy top, broil the cobbler for 1-3 minutes at this point. No need to move the oven rack up. It gives it an extra crisp browning that I just love. Who doesn't want a crispy crunchy top? But don't walk away! Keep an eye on it, I can't tell you how many things I've lit on fire in my broiler. Check it every 60 seconds.
  • You are supposed to let it cool completely. Hogwash! Wait 15 minutes to let the juices set up and then dig in! Vanilla ice cream is just not even optional for serving.
  • Store leftovers loosely covered on the counter; transfer it to the fridge after 2 days.

Notes

*How to make Apple Cobbler without cooking the apples first:

I do prefer cooked apples for this cobbler, but I know it’s a lot of extra steps and sometimes you just need to git er done! It’s so easy (and still very tasty) to make this with raw apples:

Follow all instructions as given, but instead of mixing the lemon and sliced apples in a skillet, place them directly in a 9×13 inch casserole dish. Add all the ingredients called for in the filling directly on top of the raw apples in the pan, with only one change: *use 1/2 cup all-purpose flour instead of 5 tablespoons.* This will help thicken our sauce as it cooks in the oven. 

Add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Gently stir the mixture together, being careful so your apples don’t go flying everywhere. Your apples should have a light sauce clinging to them, with no obvious patches of flour or sugar. Press the apples down gently in the pan.

Top as instructed in the recipe with the cobbler dough.

Bake as directed, keeping in mind that the longer these apples are in the oven, the better they will be. Take it out of the oven when the cobbler topping is as browned as you can take it! You can even top with foil in the last few minutes of baking if you want, to slow the browning process while still giving the apples plenty of time to soften. 

Pumpkin Pie casserole

1   1 lb can of pumpkin

1  12 ounce can evaporated milk

2  eggs

3/4 cup sugar 

1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon

3/4 teaspoon Ginger

3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon Allspice

1/4 teaspoon Mace

Mix well and pour into large casserole dish.

Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool. Enjoy. 

Good old Veveeta fudge!

Ingredients
12 ounces Velveeta processed cheese, cut into cubes (full fat )
1 cup butter
6 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, broken up into chunks
32 ounces powdered sugar,  or about 8 cups
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions
In a medium microwave safe bowl melt together the Velveeta, butter and chocolate in 30 second intervals until all melted. Stir until well combined and smooth.
In a large bowl add all your powdered sugar.
Using an electric mixer add the melted chocolate mixture to the powdered sugar a little at a time until all incorporated. Then add in the vanilla.
Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with foil or parchment and spray the parchment with non-stick spray. Pour all the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Once firm, cut into 1 inch pieces and serve!

You can add pecans if you like. I took this from a website but my grandma would make this every year!

Edited by Hubbalance
It posted w/o my recipe wah

Grandma’s Monkey Bread!

Ingredients

- 1/2 cup granulated sugar

- 1 teaspoon cinnamon

- 2 cans (16.3 oz each) Pillsbury Grands Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits.

- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar

- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

Directions

1. heat oven to 350F. lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube pan with shortening or cooking spray. in 1-gallon ziploc storage bag, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon.

2. separate dough into 16 biscuits; cut each into quarters. shake in bag to coat. arrange in pan. 

3. in small bowl, mix brown sugar and butter, pour over biscuit pieces.

4. bake 28 to 32 minutes or until golden brown and no longer doughy in center. cool in pan 10 minutes. turn upside down onto serving plate; pull apart to serve. serve warm.

you can add chopped walnuts if desired! i personally do not!