Opinions needed on RCA MP3 player on sale

I am looking for an inexpensive MP3 player for my DS10 for Christmas. Meijer has an RCA Lyra 512 MP3 player on sale for 39.99 this weekend. Normally 69.99. Is this a good one to start out with and a decent price? The reviews don't look too bad on Amazon for this one. Here's the link.

http://www.amazon.com/RCA-Lyra-RD1076-Personal-Player/dp/B00091PI5W/sr=1-1/qid=1157121758/ref=sr_1_1/103-9671740-4193429?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

Any opinions would be great. Neither my husband or I have one, so this is all new to me.

Stacey

RCA is hit and miss with reviews on their MP3 products, but I've never use one so I can't tell you anything from personal experience. The price is ok, but not excellent. If this is for Christmas, wait it out a little while. You should be able to find a 512mb Creative or Sandisk brand MP3 player for $25-$35 by December.

Thanks for your help. I wasn't too sure what to do. I think I will just put it on my Black Friday Wish List and keep an eye out for a better deal!

if i were you i would grab it at that price.i got mine at wal mart at that price,they mismarked it.it is usually 59 and up and i dont know much about all this stuff and i use it for work and i love it!

• 4 weeks later...