Toshiba Laptop deal?

Pricegrabber listing for that model: http://gottadeal.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=18864353/sort_type=bottomline

I'd stay away from the first seller (Notebook for Less) but DataVis for $1,024.99 is a good deal. I checked a few other places and couldn't find it any cheaper right now, so unless you can wait, that would probably be your best bet.

Pricegrabber listing for that model: http://gottadeal.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=18864353/sort_type=bottomline

I'd stay away from the first seller (Notebook for Less) but DataVis for $1,024.99 is a good deal. I checked a few other places and couldn't find it any cheaper right now, so unless you can wait, that would probably be your best bet.

Yea, for online...Pricegrabber.com or Froogle.com is a great resource. As Brad already mentioned, becareful of some of the e-retailers though.

Some people are scared of Dells and HPs.. :(

Really hard to go wrong with a Toshiba IMO...at least as far as durability.

See, now I have one of the A75-S209 Toshiba laptops that was involved in that class-action lawsuit. The thing overheats all the time. I was underwhelmed by how they resolved that lawsuit and I'll never get another Toshiba.

Why a company would buck tradition and have the fans on the bottom of a laptop in a "suck" position vs. a exhaust position, I'll never know.

But I am quite happy with my zd8025us HP laptop. I never had a Dell laptop, so I can't comment on that.

See, now I have one of the A75-S209 Toshiba laptops that was involved in that class-action lawsuit. The thing overheats all the time. I was underwhelmed by how they resolved that lawsuit and I'll never get another Toshiba.

Why a company would buck tradition and have the fans on the bottom of a laptop in a "suck" position vs. a exhaust position, I'll never know.

But I am quite happy with my zd8025us HP laptop. I never had a Dell laptop, so I can't comment on that.

I've never heard about that lawsuit. Sounds like a design flaw that they didn't want to own up to. That is sad, usually Toshibas are excellent choices in the laptop game.

I am happy with my HP as well, in fact, I will be upgrading it with another HP.

I've never heard about that lawsuit. Sounds like a design flaw that they didn't want to own up to. That is sad, usually Toshibas are excellent choices in the laptop game.

If you'd like to read up on it:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=toshiba+%2Blawsuit+%2BA75

There are basically four distinct problems with the A70 & A75 series:

• The fans are installed in the "suck" position -- you have to blow mass amounts of dust out of the laptop on a regular basis.

• The computer overheats and locks up (usually happens at least once every 4 hours of use) -- this is probably related to the above point.

• The audio is unreliable (even the latest drivers need to be deleted/rebooted/installed/rebooted -- that probably happens once a month). Oh, and that may not even fix the problem -- I've had to do that delete/reboot/install/reboot process FOUR TIMES to get it to work... half an hour later, you have audio, fun fun fun!

• I haven't experienced this yet, but apparently the power supply connection will wear out from it's connection to the motherboard and then you can no longer run the computer from an outlet - only on battery power. Something for me to look forward to. :no:

• Finally, due to the above problems, the resale value of this laptop is bargain-basement.

It would have to be free before I'd get another Toshiba.