Nintendo Switch - BF or Zelda Release?

stina629

Hi BF fam!

We’re in the market for a Nintendo Switch, mainly for the new Zelda game coming out next year. We have a WiiU, which thankfully BotW was available on, which is why we haven’t upgraded yet (I know, WAY behind the times…LOL). We also thought there might be a new console by the time the new game comes out, but that looks unlikely.

So here’s my question: should we buy on BF, or wait for the release of the game? Unsure if Nintendo will be offering a deal when the game is released, like some kind of bundle, or if the prices will ultimately be better on BF regardless.

Halp.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My oldest asked for a switch and it was difficult to find one here. I had to drive to a Target closer to the city. I would grab it if you see one for a decent price at BF. You can always add the game later when it comes out.

Thanks!!! I kinda forgot about it being difficult to find. Probably makes the most sense to get it on BF because they’re unlikely to release an updated console with the new game, and it might be even scarcer then. Edited by stina629

• 2 weeks later...
Nintendo may or may not have the switch pro out by then. They probably will but at this point it's not a sure thing. What they will have is a special edition.Itll have Zelda colors and a special edition Zelda controller. That will happen for sure. They make special editions for several big games(Animal crossing, Dragon Quest,Fire emblem,I think Pokemon and Splatoon also).Now you could just get a skin for it or you could wait. As far as the pro Zelda may launch with it and need the pro version to run properly. We don't know yet. The rumor mill says a pro version is coming sometime just not when.
  • Like 1

Nintendo may or may not have the switch pro out by then. They probably will but at this point it's not a sure thing. What they will have is a special edition.Itll have Zelda colors and a special edition Zelda controller. That will happen for sure. They make special editions for several big games(Animal crossing, Dragon Quest,Fire emblem,I think Pokemon and Splatoon also).Now you could just get a skin for it or you could wait. As far as the pro Zelda may launch with it and need the pro version to run properly. We don't know yet. The rumor mill says a pro version is coming sometime just not when.

So you would suggest waiting?

I would yes. If Zelda is the only game you want. They will for sure release a special edition if nothing else by then. It'll probably cost $50 more but it'll come with the game. I'd pre order as soon as they come available. Otherwise you'll have to deal with scalpers and pay several hundred more to get one.
  • Like 1

I would yes. If Zelda is the only game you want. They will for sure release a special edition if nothing else by then. It'll probably cost $50 more but it'll come with the game. I'd pre order as soon as they come available. Otherwise you'll have to deal with scalpers and pay several hundred more to get one.

Understood! Thank you so much for the insight!! I’ll keep an eye out for pre-orders in like…late January maybe??

• Like 1

Understood! Thank you so much for the insight!! I’ll keep an eye out for pre-orders in like…late January maybe??

I'm actually surprised they didn't announce it with the game release date. I'd expect it to be announced in the next direct probably sometime in December. They made one for the new Pokemon game so they will for sure have a Zelda edition.

I'm actually surprised they didn't announce it with the game release date. I'd expect it to be announced in the next direct probably sometime in December. They made one for the new Pokemon game so they will for sure have a Zelda edition.