Festive Menus Throughout the Holidays

Gator Pam

Thanksgiving Monté Cristo Sandwich

I made my usual Bennigans copy cat method, but I made some slight changes to finish off more of the planned overs. Instead of a third slice of bread inside the sandwich, I used a whipped egg to bind some planned over stuffing, shaped it into a patty equal to a slice of the bread I was using, and pan fried it until it held together. Once that was layered over the bottom level of the sandwich, I used some cold gravy on top of it as my spread before putting the turkey on the top level.

I follow this recipe for the basic method, although I divide by 3, as half a sandwich is enough for me with the other half to share or package to be rewarmed for another meal. The rest of the cranberry sauce for dipping.

https://iamhomesteader.com/monte-cristo-sandwich/

PXL-20221129-223811036.jpg

Hanukkah starts the evening of the 18th. I don't really have anything special planned, although I may make latkes to serve with apple sauce or sour cream and purchase some jelly doughnuts.

Christmas Eve will probably be my Jewish appetizing version of the Feast of Seven Fishes. Christmas morning will be one of the overnight French toast casseroles I've posted over the years. Christmas night will be standing rib roast with garlic mashed potatoes; other vegetable to be determined.

How about you?

We’re doing a Christmas party this coming weekend and I’m smoking 2-3 top round roasts, I’m doing cheesy potatoes, honey glazed carrots, gravy, rolls and then we’re going to have cookies and some pies.

Christmas Eve we are going to my cousins house. Christmas Day I’ll do my French toast casserole for breakfast, dinner we either do beef or sometimes we make Chinese lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from shopping up most of Christmas dinner. Fairly simple this year, being just the four of us:

Standing rib roast

Red wine, Beef marrow bones, and Beef shin au jus

Garlic mashed potatoes

Vegetable TBD

I'm leaning towards creamed spinach for the vegetable, but not everyone is a fan. So, we may go with pressure cooked artichokes with hollandaise sauce.

In the past I've done Yorkshire pudding with rib roast, but again, not everyone is a fan. Whereas, we all like the garlic mashed potatoes.

Christmas brunch will most likely be one of the many overnight French toast casseroles I've shared recipes for here over the years.

• Like 1