Secret Santa 2021 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

I got my first Christmas card thank you sunni0913

I also got a card from stevie rocks

Got another card today thank you Ms Yves

Got 2 more cards the other day sorry for posting a little later. I got a card from Hillbillywife and hillbilly wife mom than you very much.

Got another card today thank you Reinholt1 and mom.

Got 2 more cards today tracy thanks for the card and also Jstluvem

Edited by carheel
  • Like 3

Yippee!!

Received my SS gift today...of course I tried to wait..lol no I didn't

Such a great variety! Super excited to use the crafts for decorating my bus Monday.

Thank you SS

Ok so I’m glad I’m not the only one who couldn’t wait to open! The wrapping said “No Peeking” and I REALLY tried to hold off but it just didn’t work! I got the softest blanket, a really nice picture frame & an adorable ornament for my tree. Thank you, Secret Santa, I just love it all!

post-983-0-80634500-1637779481_thumb.jpeg

Edited by ilikefree
  • Like 7

One of my packages arrived today. From Miss Yves ! Thank you so much darling !!! I’ll open it this Monday & I’ll post a photo. I won’t wait till Christmas because I need some cheer in my life right now. Works been a hot mess & Im ready for some Christmas Joy. I think it’s my OE but I’m not sure . Im so exited & can’t wait to open & show everyone!

thank you so much for sending Christmas cheer my way. I really need it right now ❤. 

• Like 3

So......I am ready to ship on time this year and guess what.....I can't find a box. I have been to two Walmart's, target, and the UPS store. Are all the boxes in the middle of the ocean?

Try Home Depot or Lowe’s? Depending on how much is going in the box, I find a “small” moving box can be just about right (or maybe slightly oversized but still...)

• Like 1

Today was the shipping deadline.  I missed it too!  I've got mine boxed up and ready to go out tomorrow.  If you haven't been able to ship for whatever reason, please let me know when you think you can, and please ship Priority.

Please please please let us all know when you receive your package, even if you aren't planning to open until Christmas.  There are a couple ornaments that the tracking shows delivered, but I haven't heard from the recipients.  I hate the idea of porch pirates, but we all know they're out there. We want to make it right if your package walked off, so please let us know if you've received.  (I'll reach out to the ones I'm missing via private message if I haven't heard anything in the next day or so).

I'm loving seeing what people have received so far!  

• Like 4

Sorry I haven't been around much.  Mom has a new compression fracture in in her lower back.  We spent all day Thanksgiving in the ER.  She finally got a bed at 10pm that night.  The hospital released her Friday night at 9 pm.  So in addition to trying to get her settled in a facility, poor mom is in a lot of pain, and will be for a few weeks.  There is very little they can give her for pain.

Mom did not feel like opening anything on Saturday BUT..she was up to it on Sunday.  She opened her birthday gifts and cards and then she tackled her Gotta deal goodies. 

We have receive 4 cards already, and Mom loves them all.  She especially likes knowing which state they come from.  We have them hanging up on the wall.  Then she opened her secret santa gifts.   Thank you very much Secret Santa!  You were very generous and everything was very well received.   (I took a couple pictures with my tablet, but will have to transfer them to the computer later to post them.

Mom received a beautiful pin and a blistix, and a dvd (Seven Brides for Seven Brothers), and THREE boxes of coffee cakes!!  Mom was so happy that as soon as she opened the first one, she handed me the box and said "Open this!  I want one NOW"  and then she promptly ate 2.  ;D  And some Werther's hard candies....she ate that whole bag last night.

AND she received a pretty Christmas card with a very touching note inside.  Thank you so much Secret Santa!  You hit the movie genre on the head.  Mom loves musicals - both stage plays and movies.  When I asked her what her favorites are (as you asked) she said "Music Man" and "Hello Dolly"  and then  "I just love them all!!"  She also loves Fred Astre, Gene Kelly, and Ginger Rogers  -- all those films with the song and dance routines.

Thanks again!

Our cards just went out.  1 of 2 boxes sent.  (Still waiting for a black friday purchase to arrive here so I can ship it out.)

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 4

Your mom and I are kindred spirits.  I always say Gene Kelly and Bing Crosby were just a whole different kind of sexy. I could watch old musicals all day :).  White Christmas and Holiday Inn are must watches for me every year, but I think my most favorite would be Singin' in the Rain.

I hope she is feeling better. I will be praying for her.

Edited by Bopeep
  • Like 1

Your mom and I are kindred spirits.  I always say Gene Kelly and Bing Crosby were just a whole different kind of sexy. I could watch old musicals all day :).  White Christmas and Holiday Inn are must watches for me every year, but I think my most favorite would be Singin' in the Rain.

I hope she is feeling better. I will be praying for her.

Ohhh  geee  Bopeep -  NOW you tell me!   I coulda just sent you a bunch of old movies instead.

Thanks for the prayers!  They are always appreciated.

Mailman just came.   Got one more card and a box from *my* secret santa today.   Yay!   Thank you thank you!

I am going to wait to open my box.  (Sorry,  I know everyone is anxious.  I always hope my recipient will open theirs right away too.  ;D)  but I am one of those for whom this will be the only gift I get to open.  Thank you in advance.  I am sure I will love it!

• Like 2