Regional Deals thread idea

There are some stores that are only around in some places, like Marcs in Northeast Ohio. They offer great deals (better than Walmart), but its hard to keep updated because nobody really is going to post a deal applicable to a very small market.

What do you think of a regional deals board? I am sure there are stores like this in other states.

• 4 weeks later...
Good idea in theory, but when I tried to think through how it would really work I'm not sure it would work out logistically. How would you divide it up? By state, by region? Are there enough people in each of these areas on GD to support this? I agree with Sandie though, post any deal you find! :)

I say just keep them all together. You can always put a disclaimer in your topic if you think it is a Regional deal only. I don't want to have to wade through multiple forums inside of multiple forums searching for deals....

This might me a good idea for a vB add on as well. You could choose whether or not something was a regional deal and choose the region. Then, it would automatically be appended to the subject or something.

Just a thought.

• 3 weeks later...