Walmart Oscar Mayer Bacon

Spa Mom

Last night I was in walmart and I always buy Oscar Mayer Microwave Bacon it is about $2 something a box. I noticed they had some other boxes and had changed the thickness of the bacon. I picked up the box of the one I usually buy (not the Thickcut) and when I checked out it was .75c!!!!

I went back and bought the other 2 boxes they had. So I got 3 boxes of bacon for $2.25 less than I box usually is. :g_dance:

If youve never tried microwave bacon it is great. No mess and nothing cooks away like regular bacon. Ready in about 20 sec.

oh wow... I am really gonna have to check this out. The family requested subways Chicken bacon ranch sandwichs from subway, funds are tight this month, I had planned on coming up with a homemade version, this is so the icing on the cake! I love this stuff!!!

Went to look for it, and none to be found. I was dissapointed, but I think Walmart really is one of those YMMV to the extreame.

Also, blue fleece, nothing to do with lazy, bacon is messy to make. You either make it stove top and get popped and have grease on the stove top or you make it micro and have tons paper towel... either way, yucky...

It was probably almost expired, which is the reason for the clearance. Alot of grocery stores will do that.

That's what I thought but the experation was way out there.

What I like about the microwave bacon is it is not messy. And it doesn't cook away. Buying it by the pound may be a little cheaper but most of it cooks away, so basically the price is about the same, with no mess.

Also, blue fleece, nothing to do with lazy, bacon is messy to make. You either make it stove top and get popped and have grease on the stove top or you make it micro and have tons paper towel... either way, yucky...

On 30 minute meals I saw Rachel Ray put Bacon in the oven & we tried it with our broiler pan (2 piece pan from the bottom of your oven) and it works great and we never cook bacon on the stove anymore. The grease goes into the bottom pan and totally drips off the bacon instead of the bacon cooking in it. It takes longer than frying it but way less mess, you just have to make sure that the bottom pan has an edge or lip on it and can hold the grease.