Need 2 convertible car seats

Luke is nearly too long for his current seat, but needs to be rear facing still for a little while. I need 2 seats (or one that I can quickly swap to the other car with multiple bases). I'd consider a nicer one for the primary car and hopefully a <$100 one for the 2nd car, since it's used so infrequently.

I don't know much about these, so educate me and find me some good prices.

Not a deal on them anywhere to be found, but I've heard the Britax Roundabouts are the best carseats. They are apparently easy to install, comfy for the little ones and easy to clean.

Yeah, I've been reading some stuff on them and the main one will most likely be a Britax. I'll probably go with a Graco or Cosco for the 2nd car.

Fisher Price has recently started making seats that are basically Britax(same shells, no twist straps)but without as many of the bells and whistles(tether can't be used rearfacing, no built in locking clips) that is almost $100 less than the Britax Marathon. From what I've heard, Burlington Coat Factory is carrying it in their stores, or check on Google. the seat is called the Fisher Price Safe Voyage.

That would be great for a main seat. As for a spare seat, while I'm not a Cosco fan(I've ranted about them before) The Scenera is inexpensive, and relatively easy to use.

I personally have a Britax Marathon(had it for over 2 years already) My son is turning 4 in a few weeks, and is still well within the height and weight restrictions. He has at least 1 year left in it, possibly 2 full years. The Roundabout, while a great seat, has an upper limit of 40lbs, compared to 55 on the Safe Voyage(and 65 on the Marathon) It is worth it to spend the extra little bit of money to get a seat that will last longer. Kids are safer staying in a harnessed seat as long as possible.

And you should always get your installations checked by a certified carseat technician, go to http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/CPS/CPSFitting/Index.cfm

Up to 95% of carseats are being installed or used incorrectly.

And you should always get your installations checked by a certified carseat technician, go to http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/CPS/CPSFitting/Index.cfm

Up to 95% of carseats are being installed or used incorrectly.

We take ours to the Red Cross building and have them do a safety check. The Honda is simple, since it has LATCH, but the Ford still has the old lap-belt method. That one takes work to secure it properly.

When I took the certification class, there was no LATCH, so for me, seatbelt installations are easier, because I've worked out exactly how to do each type of installation the easiest. I let my certification lapse though, so I've never actually done a LATCH installation. It's really rather easy huh?

When I took the certification class, there was no LATCH, so for me, seatbelt installations are easier, because I've worked out exactly how to do each type of installation the easiest. I let my certification lapse though, so I've never actually done a LATCH installation. It's really rather easy huh?

Yeah, hook both clips on the LATCH mounts in the car and tighten the belt as much as possible. The Graco seats have the level indicator, so as long as that's ok you're set.