Nice Girls Tea Set for Birthday

My daughter will be 6 yrs old on June 21st. All she has asked for is a tea set. Of course I bought her other items, but looking for a nice tea set for her also to finish up birthday shopping. I looked in Walmart but didn't see any and Target. I want to stray from plastic. Shes at an age now where she takes care of her stuff a lot better. She already has a cute table to put her set on. Any ideas? I hate with the gas prices to drive to all these stores searching for one. Thanks for any help.

Not sure what you are wanting to spend but here is my "imparcial" recommendation ;)

(second down)

Fiestaware

But can be HIGHLY addicting (for you not her "yet")

http://www.mega-co-inc.com/Photos/Fiesta/Child/partyset.jpg

If you want to spend less but have the same general look try this one on ebay.

Faux Fiestaware

Edit:

If you want the Fiesta you can purchase the 2 cup teapot and 2 demi cup and saucer sets and two luncheon plates nearly anywhere and in any current production color. I think you may be able to order the sugar and creamer directly from the factory but make sure you ask for "child" size not full size.:)

Play tea set or real one? My daughter got one from Michaels for her birthday and loved it! It's a small play set that was all white (ceramic-like) and came with little paints to paint all the plates & cups & teapot so she got to paint the set like she wanted. They are about $14.99 regularly & $9.99 on sale. There's a 40% off one item that's not on sale coupon in this weekends paper. I've also seen similar items at Hobby Lobby (which also has a 40% off coupon in the paper and sometimes you can get online).

I love those! Exactly what Im am looking for. As her birthday is in 9 days, Im going to have to find it in a store. My hasband is working everyday through sunday (yes hes working on fathers day). Sooooo, I won't be able to go shopping till Monday morning. (My husband works midnights and leaves the house at 5pm and doesn't come home till 7am- manager hours). So with the kids both home from school and too young to stay at home while daddy is sleeping, I have to wait till hes home. Im a bit panicked as I hope I find it Monday as he works Monday night, Tuesday, and Wednesday (Wed is her birthday).

Wondering if I can use both: Im going to go to Toys R Us tomorrow for the tea set (I hope, but a neighbor said they had a cute one for $25 in a wicker basket).

I have a coupon that is for $5 off any toy/clothing item $25 or more

Plus

I have a GC sent to me for $3 off anything $3 or more.

So that will take $8 off if I can use both. Anyone know or can take a guess?

Guest mldepalma

Do you have a Tuesday Morning near you? It might be hit or miss, but I have seen some really beautiful ones in there for next to nothing. I got a beautiful victorian one from there for my daughter (6 yrs too). You can also try Marshalls or TJMaxx - they also carry ceramic tea sets sometimes.

Good luck!

Thanks all. I went to Toys R Us yesterday. They had the fiesta looking tea set. Just like the adult dish ware too. Funny thing was, it was clearanced to $9! (gotta love that one). So I also found an adorable jump rope that is adjustable (also locks as a jump stick or seperates into a jump rope w/ handles), also clearanced to $4.88. As an added bonus (yes more clearanced items lol) I found a Barbie toy that was regularly $24.99 down to $4.88. Came with 12 activity pads, colored pencils, dvd rom to download and print off more activity pads, talking toy that helps little ones with math, weather, music, etc. Its for children ages 5+. Putting that one away for christmas. All in all not a bad trip. First time I had been there since christmas.

They did take both coupons. I saved $8 in all. No questions asked.