Need car tire deal for set of 4

Sz 14

Car: Ford Contour

Need a good deal on a set of 4.

I am not looking for the 'best' brand/whatever. I just want cheap but reliable. I swear someone used to sell tires once in a while for 4 for $99 or so, but not sure who.

Any one know of any good deals?

TIA

Guest jrsins

Sz 14

Car: Ford Contour

Need a good deal on a set of 4.

I am not looking for the 'best' brand/whatever. I just want cheap but reliable. I swear someone used to sell tires once in a while for 4 for $99 or so, but not sure who.

Any one know of any good deals?

TIA

Try tirerack.com they have tires as low as $39.00 for cars like yours.

I swear someone used to sell tires once in a while for 4 for $99 or so, but not sure who.

Those were probably for sizes like 175/70R13 (small diameter, skinny tires).

Try Sam's Club, Costco, or BJ's. I know Sam's includes lifetime tire rotations and balancing, with a road hazard warranty. I'm pretty sure that Costco & BJ's do too. The lifetime tire rotations can save you quite a bit of money! For instance, if the tires last 45,000 miles and you rotate every 7,500 miles, you'll save $60 (based on $10 cost to rotate tires). You can get a membership to Sam's Club, Costco, or BJ's for about $30-35 a year.

If you don't have a membership for one of those places, try Pep Boys or Sears.

Want to go even cheaper? Sometimes junk yards will have tires from wrecks, but it will be hit or miss to find the right size for your car, and they may not have all come from the same car (and therefore not all have the same tread pattern and wear characteristics). They typically sell them for $5-10 each, plus installation.

If you don't have a membership for one of those places, try Pep Boys or Sears.

I agree with everything you said, except Sears has a horrible reputation for their tire installations. I'd avoid them if possible.

Check out local garage / gas stations, a lot of times they have great prices on tires and their installation prices are lower than anyone else. There's a guy in my town that will mount & balance the tires I get from tirerack.com for only $8 each.

Here's the tire listing sorted by price from Tirerack.com (starts at $30 each): Link

Goodyear has a promo going now.

Buy 4 tires, get $60 off.

If you fill out an application for a line of credit (no fee) and are approved, you get an additional $40 off!

The credit line gives you two options:

no payments no interest for 3 months, or

no interest with 6 months equal payments.