Questions about the board

CG480

First of all Thank you for letting us all use this board.

If any of these questions are none of our business please feel free not to answer then

I am sure this board must cost you something to run how do you not pass this along to us.

I am also on exboard alot and the board that I visit is asking for money ever few months. It like $600+ to keep the board going and then they also whan you to be a supper of ezboard to help them save moeny.

If Gottadeal is costing you money would you pass on the some of the fees to the users. I know I spend alot of time here I would be willing to help and I think some of the others would also. I know depending on what share it would be.

We make money through commissions from things you guys buy through the site. So if there is a deal at Amazon for example, and someone clicks that link and places an order, we get a small percentage of that back. You pay nothing more for your purchase, we don't have to charge anything or have annoying ads, so everyone wins :)

Hope you do not mmind another question but do you get money for all the adds that we click on and if someone buys or just certain places.

Can you tell us those places then we can be sure to post more of there sales online.

Guest Frieked

Websites are really cheap to run, especially if you know how to do the design/maintenance yourself. The most expensive thing about running a high traffic website is the bandwidth and that cost is usually offset by advertising. The main deals on this site are pretty much all advertisements that they present to us as "deals" but they are basically just referral links that will give Gottadeal.com commission on anything bought through those links... I don't know how much they bring in but they probably make a nice profit from this site.

For example, lets look at the Canon A410 3.2MP Digicam & PIXMA iP4200 Printer Bundle - $129.88 AR - Amazon.com

Amazon give referrers 4% of the sale price so if 1 person comes to this site and clicks the link and buys that camera that's 4% of $179.88 (because the rebate is $50) That gives Gottadeal.com $7.20 (179.88 * .04)... and that's just for 1 person buying it.

They also have word translators built into the board... so for example everytime someone writes the word amazon in one of their posts, you'll notice it's automatically turned into a referral link so anything bought through that link will also give gottadeal.com 4%

Hope you do not mmind another question but do you get money for all the adds that we click on and if someone buys or just certain places.

Can you tell us those places then we can be sure to post more of there sales online.

Only certain places where we have an affiliate account, most of those merchants can be found here.

Guest Frieked

Only certain places where we have an affiliate account, most of those merchants can be found here.

Sheesh, that's a lot of referral programs to keep track of.

Sheesh, that's a lot of referral programs to keep track of.

Yes it is, and running sites like this is my full-time job. So while there aren't many financial expenses such as hosting to run a site like this, there is a huge time committment.

Guest Frieked

Yes it is, and running sites like this is my full-time job. So while there aren't many financial expenses such as hosting to run a site like this, there is a huge time committment.

You must make a killing during the holiday shopping season though :)