1000' of CAT5 cable

I almost always find the best price at geeks.com

You can also use the GOTTADEAL coupon there.

I just checked however, and it doesn't seem like they have any of the bulk cable right now. *gasp*

I will see what else I can find.

Guest Frieked
We just has a new 10mb fiber connection run to our building at work. The guys who installed it left behind 2/3rds of a 1000' spool of cat5e. They just threw it in the dumpster and I fished it out. Can't get much of a better deal than that lol :)

Guest Frieked

http://sewelldirect.com/genicacat5ecable1000.asp

Included is a crimper to attach RJ-45 connectors, 100 RJ-45 connectors, 1000 feet of high quality CAT5 enhanced cable, and a tester

$68.95

Same as the geeks.com bundle http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=CT-CAT5E-1000-6U&cpc=SCH&srm=0 which is $54.95 but theirs is out of stock.

Update: Just found same price as geeks.com on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BL3M1C/104-0946677-2701537?v=glance&n=172282

Guest Frieked

The 1000' spool on amazon is less than any of the ones on cablesforless.com plus the amazon one comes with rj45 ends/tester/crimper.

I'm not sure about the quality of the cable though.

The 1000' spool on amazon is less than any of the ones on cablesforless.com plus the amazon one comes with rj45 ends/tester/crimper.

I'm not sure about the quality of the cable though.

Got a link? I already have a crimper and tester, but you can always use extra ends.

Guest Frieked

It looks like it's computer geeks that's selling on Amazon so it may not be in stock either.

Oh snaps, didn't notice that. No wonder it looks the same and is the same price... Says it usually ships in 1-2 days so maybe it's worth a call to check.

Guest dineaux
Heck go to the trailer parks set up by FEMA for Katrina and Rita victims. My DH is an enviromental scientist and was in one of thats looking at hazardous waste issues and was, what he said, was 20-25 damn near full boxes od Cat5E laying by a dumpster. It seems that FEMA requires that the contractor installing cable, internet, and phone service use a new spool for each instillation. I guess the contactor have as much "free" Cat5E they can handle. I just might become a open box cable dealer.

Guest Frieked

Heck go to the trailer parks set up by FEMA for Katrina and Rita victims. My DH is an enviromental scientist and was in one of thats looking at hazardous waste issues and was, what he said, was 20-25 damn near full boxes od Cat5E laying by a dumpster. It seems that FEMA requires that the contractor installing cable, internet, and phone service use a new spool for each instillation. I guess the contactor have as much "free" Cat5E they can handle. I just might become a open box cable dealer.

Same for the network install we just had done. We paid for 2 cable runs and whatever was left over in the box, they threw out... about 6-700 feet of a 1000' box in this case.

It looks like it's computer geeks that's selling on Amazon so it may not be in stock either.

If you don't need it right away, you could always wait. Geeks.com always gets that kit back in stock.

I think I got a 500' box from them pretty cheap. I bet there is only 200-300' left in it now though.