Need to find AA batteries at B & M store *Mission Accomplished*

Hello-

We have tons and tons of gadgets that require AA batteries in our house. Specifically, I will need quite a few by next Friday- 12 at minimum. Does anyone know of a brick and mortar store that offers batteries for cheap maybe as a deal to get people to come in. I'd rather pay extra for quality batteries that don't run out after a half hour.

Thanks!

The best deal on quality batteries is at CostCo.

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64660

Scroll down to:

It is a common belief that Costco's Kirkland cells are simply re-labeled Duracell Ultra's. I added the Kirkland test results to the Duracell's. It would appear that they are a bit less than the Ultra's.

40 Kirkland AA's (rebadged Duracell) for $10

Whoa Rossman, it is almost worth becoming a member of Costco for those batteries. I am trying to think if I know people who know people who shop there!

Costco is kind of far, but the closest Shop Rite is in PA. That is a great deal too! Seriously though, I am going to pester all my friends to see who has a Costco membership. Unless someone can find a similar deal. I would join Costco but it is not close enough to be worth it and we have so many discount food stores near us that Costco ends up being a more expensive option.

CostCo is worth every penny but they're raising their membership from $45 to $50 on Monday 5/1.

v

There's also Target and Walmart.

I don't have any right now, but I've tried WalMart's "house brand" of batteries and thought they were as good as the Duracell/Energizers.

So what are the best rechargeable batteries? The scoreboard remote at our ballfield uses AA's and it eats batteries like people eat popcorn. Would we be better off investing in rechargeables? I've never used them, so I really don't know.

I just buy the Energizer rechargables from Sam's Club. Yeah, if you are going through a lot of batteries, rechargables should pay for themselves.

Thanks everyone,

I figured out the deals and the ShopRite one was the best but WAYYY too far away...

When I was at the dollar store picking something else up, I saw they had 4 Panasonic batteries for $1.00. That is roughly equivalent to everyone best price (except the Shop Rite one) and I am in too much of a hurry to shop around.

I need the batteries because I am going on a road trip with my parents and my CD player eats batteries and I won't be able to recharge them in a car. Besides that, I got my labeling machine and it takes 6 batteries.

Thanks so much for your help!