avon earring deal for $1.00 READ if you ordered

crazymommy17801

They sent me a shipping confirmation with a tracking number on Thursday - ALL that I ordered was 3 pairs of the earrings. After reading this - I checked the delivery confirmation number on USPS.com and here is what it says:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on April 06, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I am not sure if they shipped them or not!?! My credit card was charged and I have the email that they were shipped - but USPS.com does not show a status of the delivery - ONLY that they were NOTIFIED of the shipment... what gives?!?

They sent me a shipping confirmation with a tracking number on Thursday - ALL that I ordered was 3 pairs of the earrings. After reading this - I checked the delivery confirmation number on USPS.com and here is what it says:

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on April 06, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

I am not sure if they shipped them or not!?! My credit card was charged and I have the email that they were shipped - but USPS.com does not show a status of the delivery - ONLY that they were NOTIFIED of the shipment... what gives?!?

That's how USPS Delivery Confirmation works. The site is usually slow to update, even after the package is shipped. I wouldn't worry about that if I were you.

Guess What?!? My 3 Pair of Earrings just arrived via Priority Mail. Total was $3.18 (3 pair of Earrings x $1.00 each and $.18 Tax) I used the Free shipping code - so had no shipping charge.

Funny how they are saying NO ONE is getting these - I got them... wonder how Avon will explain this one to the customers that are getting their orders with NO earrings?!?

Guess What?!? My 3 Pair of Earrings just arrived via Priority Mail. Total was $3.18 (3 pair of Earrings x $1.00 each and $.18 Tax) I used the Free shipping code - so had no shipping charge.

Funny how they are saying NO ONE is getting these - I got them... wonder how Avon will explain this one to the customers that are getting their orders with NO earrings?!?

Ya, but I can't exactly say - my friend got hers.... waaa...

How do you like them, are they nice?

Received my 3 pair yesterday. I agree they are nice but not worth the $24 or even 40% off in my opinion. The shipping alone had to cost Avon more than I paid for my total order. I will continue to shop at Avon since they honored their ad.

People are allowed to make mistakes you know. I once tried to buy a house that was listed for $795. Needless to say, I could not buy it at that price. Sure tried though (not to hard).

Yeah, don't take it out on them too much if you don't get it... getting in on a price mistake is nice, but there's no reason to complain if you don't.

this is the email i recieved from avon, so all the people who didnt get their order of earring be ready to get this email soon in yr inbox....

Thank you for your recent order # AVO014295304

Unfortunately, there was a mistake on our website. The price of the

Sterling Silver Pink Opalesque Earrings was listed at $1.00; the actual

price should have been $24.99. This error created an extremely high

demand and depleted the inventory.

We have had to take the Sterling Silver Pink Opalesque Earrings off sale

and we are unable to ship this item. We apologize for any inconvenience this

may have caused you.

We hope you will shop with us again soon, so, please use the coupon code

SORRY for free shipping on your next order of any amount.

Sincerely,

AVON.com Customer Care

Bastards - they should have given us a choice to cancel the rest of our order. A code for free shipping was the best they could do? :splat:

you know what if they would have given the option of cancelling the order, we all would have done that ... i would have been the first one. and another thing, the lip color that i ordered i was supposed to get a free mirror with it, they didnt even send that. now i am too pissed off with them to write and ask them for the mirror...so whoever wants to use the code use it, bec i definately wont...