17" and 19" flat panel monitors

Guest DigDoug

Thanks Brad!

okay all, these are in stock in my area (I have 7 stores with a 10 miles radius). How bad does anyone want one? I'd be willing to consider getting them for those that wanted them but couldn't get it themselves.

Question 2: It was my plan to get one of a flat-panel monitor in 6 months or so when I move so I could ditch my gigantic, no longer necessary desk. Is this better than any deal ever? Or could I wait until then and have a good shot at finding a decent model this cheap?

Question 2: It was my plan to get one of a flat-panel monitor in 6 months or so when I move so I could ditch my gigantic, no longer necessary desk. Is this better than any deal ever? Or could I wait until then and have a good shot at finding a decent model this cheap?

Assuming all the rebates come through, this is a very hot deal. As a comparison, CompUSA has a 17" model this week for $179 after rebate, but it's a Norcent, which is not even close to Viewsonic as far as quality - and it's $40 more. As long as the rebates come, it'll be hard to get anything much better than this deal until BF comes along. There might be similar deals, but you'd be taking a chance by waiting. The rebate+rebate+coupon deals are pretty rare, and when they do happen, you won't always find them in stock.

Also keep in mind that pretty much all 17" LCDs have the same # of pixels (and therefore same resolution) as 19" LCDs, so although they are smaller physically, you can still fit the same amount of stuff on the screen.

And one other thing for anyone looking for an LCD - if the rebates scare you, Dell has their 17" analog LCD on sale for $211. You can get a $25 off $150 coupon on eBay for a few bucks and end up getting that one for around $186 w/ free shipping. Not as cheap as the model at OD, but no rebates. This deal (or similar ones) will pretty much always be available as long as Dell keeps releasing coupons. The models might change week to week, but a sub-$200 17" LCD from Dell will be easy to get.

Guest DigDoug

Ok, I got it to work. I bought the monitor for you Sandie. :)

Oh, I also purchased it with my Visa so that should get you an extra year on the warrenty. w00t!

Since price is important, you don't mind rebates and this is a name brand I would buy it. I doubt LCD prices will significantly drop anytime soon.

The last super hot deal on a 17" LCD was almost a year ago.

I sure do miss those mega hot Dell deals. In case Michael Dell is reading our forums :gd_dollar