Ghosts of Black Fridays past

jaymacfla

Welcome back Taz! Loss of loved ones can be a real downer for the holidays and Black Friday shopping. In the last three years, we have lost my mother in law, sister in law, and brother in law. Two of them were ardent supporters of the Black Friday Vacationers and can be seen in many of the pictures, videos and newspaper articles. many good people on this site have lost loved ones, but we eventually come to realize that they would want us to continue and possibly pass on the love of the season to our children and grandchildren.

KB Toys is why I first began Black Friday shopping! Since then it has become an addiction, and I have been doing Black Friday for about 21 or 22 years now. Finally getting back into it after a few rough years though. 2013 I was in Florida helping my dad at a hospital there and got back just in time. In 2014 I would normally have been on line by Tuesday before, but instead I was at my father's funeral. Last year I just didn't have the heart for the camping, but still went, but this year I intend to return with a vengence even though the items I am looking for are not the quickest items to sell out, lol. Just the addiction to being first and being in the paper as usual.

Hi Taz

How are you, Good to hear from you again, Unfortunately I won't be in the area this year.  Going to visit my Sailor in Norfolk.

KB Toys is why I first began Black Friday shopping! Since then it has become an addiction, and I have been doing Black Friday for about 21 or 22 years now. Finally getting back into it after a few rough years though. 2013 I was in Florida helping my dad at a hospital there and got back just in time. In 2014 I would normally have been on line by Tuesday before, but instead I was at my father's funeral. Last year I just didn't have the heart for the camping, but still went, but this year I intend to return with a vengence even though the items I am looking for are not the quickest items to sell out, lol. Just the addiction to being first and being in the paper as usual.

Sorry to hear about your Father,  He will always be with you.  ((Hugs))

Absolutely miss KBToys (can you say Furby and first-gen Nintendo Game Boy for cheap) and - wait for it - EJKorvettes.  That was my last go-to when the Cabbage Patch Kids were first out.  I remember sitting outside of the store on a very very cold and rainy night to wait for the truck to arrive and then they sold the dolls right out of the back of the truck.  Really.  The store manager was there (I knew him, so I knew when this was going to happen).

I also miss when Target gave away cool things, getting an affordable DVD player at Circuit City and when Radio Shack had fun toys like the M&M radios.  My dad always went there on his secret mission to get stocking stuffers for kids/grandkids. 

• Like 1