What song is this?

Bopeep

A few years ago, I lost all of my downloaded music and started my library over.  My Christmas album now has about 240 songs, and I'm mostly satisfied with it :).  There are a few songs that I can't find in the digital world, and that's okay (mostly from LPs I had as a child - is that dating myself? LOL).  But every year, I wrack my brain trying to remember one specific song and it's just on the tip of my memory.  I've googled the line I can remember, every way I can think of, and nothing.  It was a country song, and I thought it was Clay Walker but I've searched his Christmas music and it's not there.  

If I remember right, the song was about a cowboy trying to get home for Christmas and he didn't think he was going to make it. There was something about the gifts he'd gotten the kids.  The one line I remember was spoken. It was Santa talking and he said something like "Don't worry Partner, your house is on my way. And if you can hang on for 8 seconds, well, that's all it takes to get there...On a sleigh".

Honestly, it may be the worst Christmas song in history. I cannot remember! But I know it was on my playlist, so I surely must have liked it, right? LOL

Any help?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! I tried to search for the song you mentioned, and sadly, did not find it. But I found a group of singers called "Riders in the Sky", and thought I'd mention it in case they may have been the ones who sang it. Good luck, I hope you figure it out!   :gd_dj:

• Like 1