SimpleTech 250G External HardDrive $99 AR

pgrunner

Regular $179 with $80 rebate. Can select 'pick up in store' and save on shipping. Offer good until 3/4/06. Hope I'm posting the link correctly ;)

http://www.circuitcity.com/IMAGE/product/detail/sml/EC.SML.CCUSB235250.JPG

SimpleTech External Hard Drive (STI-USB235/250)

Ideal storage: This speedy 250GB 7200RPM external hard drive is ideal for any storage need—including digital music, movies and photographs.

Highly portable: The compact, space-saving design lets you place the drive wherever its needed. This drive is also plug-and-play and hot-swappable—perfect for convenient data transfers.

Fast data retrieval: The 8MB buffer lets you retrieve your most frequently-used files quickly.

Shock-protection: This tough little drive is designed to withstand shocks of up to 55Gs.

Easy backup: The included StorageSync Pro software offers one-click data backups. Both full and incremental backups are fast and easy every time.

Bought it today online, picked it up same day and hooked it up. Everything went smoothly and the setup could not be any easier. Was not as loud as reviews said it was. I can barely hear anything. Was much smaller then I thought it would be too. Everything you can print from online: Rebate forms, your confirmation reciept. Thanks again!

Bought it today online, picked it up same day and hooked it up. Everything went smoothly and the setup could not be any easier. Was not as loud as reviews said it was. I can barely hear anything. Was much smaller then I thought it would be too. Everything you can print from online: Rebate forms, your confirmation reciept. Thanks again!

What do you think of the software?

How large is your hard drive that you're backing up?

How long does it take to back up?

I didn't use the software because I only stored pictures, music, and DVD's. Just dragged them into the harddrive icon. I backed up about 30 GB worth and it took me about 8-10 min. At first the computer said it would take about an hour but the files were transfered much quicker. What is weird is that when I click on the icon to see how much space I have left my comp says the hard drives total space is really 232 GB. Am I missing something or do al drives have that type of desceprency?