Is it me or do the ads suck this year?

gatorburg

I think we've got our slogan for next year's t-shirts! :P

That'd be pretty ironic but it's said every year and yet everyone still goes out. Looking over the ads nothing is amazing,maybe a couple samsung accessories at BB and a little mermaid sweatshirt at jcpenney :)

I'm still waiting on Kmart and Walmart's adds... I will probably order my big items from QVC as I do every year anyway (and can make smaller payments over 5-6 months), but I still like to go out and get deals on items like 30 pairs of holiday socks for a $1/ pair (Kmart) and useful items like towels or clothes for a reasonable price...so far I haven't seen much that I would be in a hurry to get, so I'm hoping Kmart/Walmart ads will bring some excitement for me...

• Like 1

I think it's because they feel like the same ads! Still many more to come though!

I agree. It seems like they have the same things in the ads every year. Either that, or I just don't know what I want to buy yet for this year, but so far nothing has jumped out of the ads and screamed my name.

You know what it is? We've all gotten used to seeing these ads now. It's basically the same thing every year. I think we all get it in our heads that Black Friday is still amazing and then we get to the actual ads and we're all like oh yeah...that's right. Lol

For what it's worth, I plan on hitting Target after I wake up from a turkey coma Thanksgiving night.

my original plan was my family would split up to different areas at Walmart, but after seeing their ad, the major reason we would do that was because my DD wants a laptop, their cheapest is $199.99, Best Buy beats them at $139.99 I will take my chances and hope to get it there.  I know the Walmart one is an HP but for $60 I just cant see making her wait around to get it there and the savings could be a couple video games she wants to get.

then comes the TV, she could stand in line and get that, but I will try to pick that up online too less hassle. The Roku Tv for $125 is a pretty good deal draw back being a 720p, but its for her room and it kills 2 birds for us, as I wanted to get a Roku for her room and a TV for the front room for her to play games on,

so only thing I see in the Walmart ad would be movies and video games which we always get, her time would be better spent getting the video games she wants if they have them as I dont see any titles that are shown that she wants, hoping they have them anyways

If i can get those couple items online then I will go sit in line at Target and get the movies/games we want from there while the other part of my family do Walmart, but these ads this year are very lackluster.

The one ad that impressed me greatly isn't in this area that being Meijer and they dont do online yet from the looks of it as their website has limited items they sell.

I have no need for much of what is being featured in the ads this year. I'm really only focused on Blu-Ray disc deals - I'm seeing Inside Out listed for $9.99, which is a great price. I've yet to see Trainwreck in any of the ads - I know it just came out, but I have learned to not buy DVDs/Blu-Rays released in Oct-Nov on street date as many of them end up being featured items in Black Friday ads.

• Like 1

It's just not the same. I am a child of the 60's. When I was a child it was service merchandise, Sears, Penneys, wards catalogs. We looked thanksgiving ads, and went shopping on Friday with cousins and aunts. Only women went shopping and men watch football games. My dd is grown and due the week of Black Friday. Here is no big present maybe next couple years, will be fun.

OHHH we got a Montgomery Wards catalog in the mail this week.... I thought that I was time traveling...lol. 

• Like 2

It's just not the same. I am a child of the 60's. When I was a child it was service merchandise, Sears, Penneys, wards catalogs. We looked thanksgiving ads, and went shopping on Friday with cousins and aunts. Only women went shopping and men watch football games. My dd is grown and due the week of Black Friday. Here is no big present maybe next couple years, will be fun.

Wow...Service Merchandise and Luria's, that's a blast from the past :)