Tell me about Ebates

pm me your email address, and I'll be happy to refer you.

I've been a member for a long time.. The hardest part it remembering to go there first before buying something online. Just looked:

Cash Back earned since you joined Ebates on 05/05/2001 $62.01

(I had forgotten about them for a while)

eBates.com was once great back during the gravy train days (1998-2001).

Back in the day they had more retailers, offered higher % rebate per store and had a very lucrative referral program. I had hundreds of referrals and easily earned $150 every 3 months, even if I didn't buy a single item. That was nice because it paid for my cell phone bill. Then the dot com bubble burst, all these .com's went out of business. eBates ended their lucrative referral program, dropped some merchants and lowered the % for some. Do I still use them? Hell no.

Keep in mind that if you see a deal here on GD and then buy through eBates, we lose any commission on that sale (which, since we have no ads, is what pays for this site) and eBates gets it (and then gives you a small part of it back). Just something to consider :P

Yo Rossman,

eBates still pays $5 per referral...

Why not share all the money-saving benefits of Ebates with your friends? For every friend you send our way, we'll add $5 to your Ebates account! All they have to do is sign up through your email invitation and make a qualifying purchase at any of our 800 merchants.*

For an added incentive, we'll add $5 to their Ebates account just for signing up! So what are you waiting for? Tell your friends today!

Yo Rossman,

eBates still pays $5 per referral...

I know but their current referral system sucks compared to what they had.

For those of you that aren't aware. Back in the day you'd earn a % of what your referrals earn, and you'd earn % of what your referrals referred. So if you referred enough people who made a lot of purchases and they referred people like that = free $$$

But just like PointClick, that all went away :(