BestBuy.com Black Friday Sale Discussion Thread

Brad

http://i.gottadeal.com/blackfriday/images/online/BestBuy400.png

Best Buy

Best Buy Home Page

Best Buy 50-Page Black Friday Ad Scan

Best Buy Black Friday Ad Item Listing

BestBuy.com Coupons & Discounts

This thread is for discussion of the online Black Friday sale for Best Buy.

Please post any comments, questions and information you have about this sale in this thread.

Best Buy has traditionally started their online Black Friday sale in the early morning on Thanksgiving Day. They usually take quite a long time to completely update all prices, so prepare for a long night of refreshing.

Best Buy offers free shipping on most orders of $35 or more, or you can choose in-store pickup for selected items.

Last year's discussion thread: http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/205006-bestbuycom-black-friday-sale/

a majority of this sale is available right now on the website, just spent the past hour updating the items in the online tracker

I wouldn't say a majority is online. There's a lot of the Samsung products which always are available a few days beforehand and some other random stuff but there's still a few hundred items that aren't online.

This was posted on best buys forum:

If you have Eltie or Elite Plus status and your accounts (BestBuy.com and My Best Buy) are linked, then you should be able to view the Early Access deals sometime after 12 AM. It might not be right at 12 AM, but within an hour or so afterwards.

Edited by Kim3498

This was posted on best buys forum:

If you have Eltie or Elite Plus status and your accounts (BestBuy.com and My Best Buy) are linked, then you should be able to view the Early Access deals sometime after 12 AM. It might not be right at 12 AM, but within an hour or so afterwards.

And that's 12 Eastern?

And that's 12 Eastern?

He just updated and says central.

Here's the update he posted:

You should be able to view the Early Access deals around 12 AM central and then the deals should start to go live as the morning progresses.

Edited by Kim3498

He just updated and says central.

Here's the update he posted:

You should be able to view the Early Access deals around 12 AM central and then the deals should start to go live as the morning progresses.

Lol.  aka "The sale should go live 'sometime'; likely just after you finally give up and fall asleep"

Lol.  aka "The sale should go live 'sometime'; likely just after you finally give up and fall asleep"

Lol, I thought the same thing. Last year it was about 2:00 am eastern. It was a much better experience, because when they started it at 12:00pm the site was overran at once and would keep crashing. Last year they did it same way as this year and was a way better experience....after the sale finally started that is.

Does anyone know if the deals are worth staying up for-this is my first early access and they sent me a preview with only a few items...

Really need to find some good prices on some xbox 360 games and either skull candy headphones or beats, hoping this might be in the early access sale

Does anyone know if the deals are worth staying up for-this is my first early access and they sent me a preview with only a few items...

Really need to find some good prices on some xbox 360 games and either skull candy headphones or beats, hoping this might be in the early access sale

It says come back tomorrow to see these featured deals and more. I have had early access for the last 3 years and it has always been everything that is online for the regular online Black Friday event. I don't see that changing this year(nothing's guaranteed, though), so I will be waiting up. Edited by Kim3498

Items are starting to show up as "Coming Soon" that were "Add to Cart" earlier.  These items are listed for the Black Friday sale.  So that should be a good base as to what will be available to the Elite Members.

The iPad Air 2 and the Beats have not changed to coming soon. I hope that's not a sign those will not be included.

The iPad Air 2 and the Beats have not changed to coming soon. I hope that's not a sign those will not be included.

Don't give up hope, yet.  But don't hold your breath.  If the sale goes live and those haven't at least changed to "coming soon"..... that might not be a good sign.

I just noticed two things that scare me:

I read this as part of the benefits for Elite/Elite Plus members (which I have been for several years): 'Plus, advanced online access to our Black Friday deals'

When looking at Best Buy's website it says: BB%2Belite.jpg

This mentions 'SELECT Black Friday Deals before anyone else'. If that is the case....I won't be trying as hard to reach Elite status next year.

Edited by bpr

Once you refresh they change back.

I keep refreshing the Onkyo receiver, and its staying at the $449 bf price. But it still says coming soon.

As far as x-men and what not. Those have been 9.99 for awhile now, nothing to do with tonights elite access.

Edited by Klownicle

More scary stuff:

I never got an email about Elite early access sale, but found a 'ballon' next  to the prices when I added my movies:

Early Access Event: November 20-23

My Best Buy members get early access to select sales. My Best Buy Elite and Elite Plus members can shop our select Black Friday deals before anyone else.

Prices for this sale are valid through Sunday, November 23.

I never saw this!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else? I hope it's a misprint!

I keep refreshing the Onkyo receiver, and its staying at the $449 bf price. But it still says coming soon.

As far as x-men and what not. Those have been 9.99 for awhile now, nothing to do with tonights elite access.

Indiana Jones is $3.99, but not Planet of the Apes or Lego movie. Prices change whenever. 

Edited by bpr