Looks like Target is not adjusting or price matching for Black Friday

ccmrlend

It looks like Target isn't going to price match or do price adjustments over Black Friday.  I went into my Target this morning and there was a large sign posted about their Holiday Price Match and Price Adjusting.  I hadn't seen a sign like that before so I went over and decided to read the fine.  It said that "Price Matches for prices offered November 27-December 1 by Target, Target.com or a competitor are excluded."  Under the question "What is excluded from the Holiday Price Match?", it said one of the exclusions is "Black Friday ads (including adjusting prices for previously purchased items)".

Wow!! Then this totally changes my game plan. I have been price adjusting at Target for years. I get my BF items about a week early, and when everyone else is making a mad dash, I breeze right over to customer service and get my price adjustment. In and out in about 10-15 mins Maximum...

In the past you could purchase the items in the leaked ad early and then just go get a price adjustment done on Black Friday.  They have now put it in writing they will not be doing that nor will they match Walmart or anyone else between Nov 27-Dec 1.  https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/holiday-price-match#q5699

Edited by ccmrlend

They are very picky about their price match policy.  I just tried getting a price match adjustment for a Target.com order as stated on their website.  Purchased item on Monday, and today it is on sale for 40% off.  Since discount is not reflected until you add it to your cart, they will not adjust the price!  Now Target will pay to pack and ship another heavy order and I will return the one I bought Monday.  Crazy on their part cause it is costing them a lot more money than just giving me the price adjustment