Gift for a cancer patient, wig holder

shanni

A friend of mines mother is being treated for cancer, she is in the hospital and will be for some time.

She has been insisting she doesn't want anything for Xmas, and she mentioned today she would like one of those foam heads to hold her wigs. We know it won't make it here by xmas but does anyone happen to know where we should start looking?

Call your local American Cancer Society - they will give you a list of places who sell products for cancer patients ..

or you can call a local beauty supply store

Duh! I'm so lame sometimes, you would think that would have been my first guess, thank you:D

A friend of mines mother is being treated for cancer, she is in the hospital and will be for some time.

She has been insisting she doesn't want anything for Xmas, and she mentioned today she would like one of those foam heads to hold her wigs. We know it won't make it here by xmas but does anyone happen to know where we should start looking?

Yeah, I know where to look. My mom wears wigs, has for as long as I can remember. She is a poor lady and the one she has now you can see the monafilament (fake scalp) very well up front. So I bought her two new ones and let her pick them out, and a foam head and shampoo & conditioner for Christmas. Just waiting for it to show up. Here is some sites that I have bookmarked.

This one is from Paulayoung.com

(it is under wig accessories, if you look they have an inflatable one for $1, but it looks poor quality and cheap)

Styling Head

Styrofoam headform with suction cup stand. $7.50 Special

This is from Beautytrends.com

$14 Style your wig or hairpiece easily with this lightweight styrofoam head

This is from Magic Makers Costumes

Styro-foam Wig Stand...$3.95

This one is from A Fox International

WigStyro-head

Foam wig stand with face

Price: $4.00

I hope this helps. I did not check on shipping. But I used Paula Young for my mom's wigs and accessories. They have pretty decent shipping. The quality is great from what I have heard, but cannot confirm until they arrive. Good luck. And if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. You might also try google searching 'Cancer Wigs' and then look on those pages at their accessories where you should find the foam wig stand.

Also, if you decide to also purchase her a wig, you might just want to get her a gift certificate for one instead, as the inside or netting varies greatly as does the quality and features. Also, I am assuming here, persons with no hair probably have very sensitive scalps so the material is very important.

Good luck!